Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting a i5 2500K Yeah for me


Problem is there are so many mobo choices i can't really decide


This is what i do Serf the net, Play games and ply around with oc'ing.

What im looking for is a full size board that has decent oc'ing support, SLI , sata 6gb's , 1 gigabyte lan port
Don't really care about usb3.0, bluetooth or wireless i dont use any of that stuff anyway
I would also like to be at $200 or less.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm the ASrock is sold out at newegg.
Cant find much of anything for gigabyte mobo's.(prefur)
The msi one looks decent but have never had one and it sounds like there could be problems with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To bad everything i want from newegg is sold out. I have a giftcard with them i need to use.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So here are the 2 boards im looking at. Any thoughts on what one is the better one?

GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD4-B3

MSI P67A-GD65 (B3)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,553 Posts
I can put another vote in for the GD65, works great with my sig rig and have never had any hiccups. Main reason I purchased this motherboard was that during the recall it was one of the first boards with the B3 revision that had good ratings. If I purchased now, I may have purchased something else because all of the choices now, but either way I'm very content with my purchase.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,916 Posts
+1 for the GD65, Solid board, Never had any issues, Even though it dosent have as many power phases as the gigabyte boards, They are much higher power phases that are fine, even for 5.5ghz+, I have seen alot of benchers use this board
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:


Originally Posted by thisischuck01
View Post

Buy the CPU/RAM from Newegg, and then buy the AsRock motherboard from SuperBiiz?

Have the ram already so just need the Mobo.
Superbiz is just nutz on there shipping. They want $15 bucks for the motherboard alone.

With newegg shipping is free!! now i like that
Also this is replace the Mobo and cpu from my sig rig. So i'll be ebaying my used parts + a few other computer parts to get back some of my money.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,232 Posts
I am partial to Gigabyte boards and am presently running 1156. The problem I am having justifying an upgrade to 1155 is the Giga boards in the medium price range $140 and lower only have 6 sata ports. My discontinued P55-USB3 has 8 and I need them all. Any suggestions as I am considering 2500K?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Doogiehouser
View Post

I can put another vote in for the GD65, works great with my sig rig and have never had any hiccups. Main reason I purchased this motherboard was that during the recall it was one of the first boards with the B3 revision that had good ratings. If I purchased now, I may have purchased something else because all of the choices now, but either way I'm very content with my purchase.

Same here, I purchased the board because it was the ONLY board available after the recall.

I am also content with my purchase, but if I was buying now I'd probably go for a different board since I wanted a different color scheme. Nonetheless board hasn't given me any problems.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,423 Posts
There is only one P67 choice: ASRock Extreme4. There are no comparable options at its price point.

I picked mine up from eWiz with a 15% off promo, covered shipping and an additional $2. This motherboard is a dream to work with and it has a fantastic PCIE layout.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
582 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by staryoshi
View Post

There is only one P67 choice: ASRock Extreme4. There are no comparable options at its price point.

I picked mine up from eWiz with a 15% off promo, covered shipping and an additional $2. This motherboard is a dream to work with and it has a fantastic PCIE layout.

i also suggest this board, but its apparently out of stock on newegg
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,423 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Sushimaster
View Post

i also suggest this board, but its apparently out of stock on newegg


Get it from eWiz:
http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?...TX-Motherboard

Use promo code BLOSSOM10 for $10 off. $155 shipped is an unmatchable deal. (Excluding combo deals and such)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,415 Posts
Get the ASRock Extreme 4. It's a dream to work with imo, rock solid. I got my 2500k to 4.9Ghz solid with it only needed to change like 3-4 settings.
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top