Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
150 bucks. Need the best cooling I can get for that much. I can stretch it to 175 if need be, but I'd like to keep it near 150. Watercooling if fine if it's the best I can get for my money, but air is preffered. Just need a set up that'll keep my Mobo, Video card, and CPU chill. Using the stuff in my sig.

I was looking at Volcano 12+, and somethin like 6 case fans, but that doesn't do anything for Video card...and thats much under 150.

Thanks.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Weeeeelll with 6 case fans and a Volcano 12+ we're talking something on leafblower proportions.

As far as watercooling goes, you would still need to buy the tubing, but you can get the expensive parts of a complete cooling system for 201. That includes a CPU, GPU, and Video Block an inline pump and a radiator. You would still need to buy tubing, but lets face it tubing is cheap at home depot. I am currently unsure if you would need to get a fan on that setup but I found everything at www.dtekcustoms.com I know its over the 150, but it would probably be better than if you got 6 case fans and a venus 12, plus it wouldnt sound like a leaf blower. :
:

·
Registered
245 Posts
svc has the new si-97 from thermalright out now. 37.99 and then get you a vantec tornado high cfm fan and a good fan controller because at full blast that Tornado is named "Tornado" for a reason. Get you some rounded cables and route your cables out of the airflow especially on the intake side of the case. Also, I have had problems with the Asus nforce2 boards both with stability and reporting of temps/voltages. The Asus utility set of constant alarms for voltages and the temps were 5/6c off from bios and motherboard monitor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts