Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have some points lying around and figured id use them on my computer however I can't seem to find anything that would really be an upgrade. You guys have any recommendations in this price range for my computer or should I continue to save. PC is up to date in sig.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Definitely some more ram.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triniboi82 View Post

Definitely some more ram.
Damn the one thing i forgot. I have 8gb lol

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschisholm View Post

Some nice Studio headphones?
I have bayerdynamic dt880's already. Nice idea though. I'm thinking I may be stuck until i do a full cpu change.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.walker36 View Post

I have bayerdynamic dt880's already. Nice idea though. I'm thinking I may be stuck until i do a full cpu change.
I don't see any audio in your specs. What are you driving your headphones with? Do you have any speakers outside of the 880's? Looks like your power supply is overkill for your setup. If there is something you really wanted you could always sell the power supply and use the combined money to get a different power supply and whatever else you need.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by confed View Post

I don't see any audio in your specs. What are you driving your headphones with? Do you have any speakers outside of the 880's? Looks like your power supply is overkill for your setup. If there is something you really wanted you could always sell the power supply and use the combined money to get a different power supply and whatever else you need.
I added the sound card, speakers and headphones I use. PSU is definitely overkill I got it so long ago for SLI/CF.

What kind of price range are we talking about for mid range CPU and motherboard. I'd imagine I could re use my noctua and sell the old cpu/ram/mobo?. I'm just really out of the hardware game.

·
Registered
762 Posts
newegg can do you a z97m d3h and a pentium g3258 for like $160, and when you have the cash you can throw in a 4690k or something. overclocking that pentium will be much better for gaming than your i5-750.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts

·
I fix Stuff
5,416 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts