Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have $150budget for a monitor and looking for recommendations, probably 24" would fit my desk space best. And I have Amazon Prime so something available there or elsewhere w/ free shipping would be great.

Thanks!

·
Meep
5,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by im_not_an_artard View Post

I have $150budget for a monitor and looking for recommendations, probably 24" would fit my desk space best. And I have Amazon Prime so something available there or elsewhere w/ free shipping would be great.

Thanks!
Can't find this in the US just yet, but its 24" 1080p TN at 75Hz with FreeSync at about €150. Which is a pretty awesome feature set at that price, if you have an AMD GPU that is.

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by im_not_an_artard View Post

Google HP 25XW review; the HP 25XW (160$ from Amazon) is easily the best 1080pt 60hz monitor available, and it's also PWM/Flicker Free. The Asus VN248H suggested below is an irrelevant 2013 model which is inferior to newer IPS and uses LED PWM Dimming or Flicker which ruins motion clarity and makes some people suffer from health issues like headaches and/or eyestrain (source). The VX238H is also an old and irrelevant model with PWM and a TN panel with dull and uneven colors compared to IPS. If the HP is too expensive the Dell S2415H (look up PC Monitors Review) is also a great choice, as are LG IPS which are PWM/Flicker Free and matte. Avoid cheap 1080p Asus IPS since they usually have worse colors (VC & MX series aside from the MX259H).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts