which one u guys think is better?
172X or 712N?
DVI or Analog.
will be running dual monitors on 9800 pro

thanx guys

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
its a perfect monitor so is the 172x both have 12ms response which is important for games... if you dont care about the DVI then get the cheaper of the two..
if you want DVI then get the 172x as my 712n came with no DVI...
must say that this is the best LCD i have ever looked at...
when i was shopping i was only looking at samsung because of their rep..
12ms was all i needed to see to make up my mind

theres my

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

its a perfect monitor so is the 172x both have 12ms response which is important for games... if you dont care about the DVI then get the cheaper of the two..
if you want DVI then get the 172x as my 712n came with no DVI...
must say that this is the best LCD i have ever looked at...
when i was shopping i was only looking at samsung because of their rep..
12ms was all i needed to see to make up my mind

theres my

what about burn pixels?
i work at futureshop and i know our warranty is **** so as samsung's WFT? 10 burn pixels. come on. that is the only thing which is holding me back.
712N has no dvi i dono how much is the diff between dvi or analog?

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
and im an AV technician... some im used to using color bars and stuff like this to try and make the video look its best

most monitors are going to say no return on less than ten burnt pixels... thats just the way the market is right now... think about how complicated the monitors are there is 1 transistor per pixel... its really expensive and the markup isnt as high as it used to be... if you can buy it from a store so that you can return it without a problem... and as long as you dont poke at it you shouldnt get any dead pixels for a long time... if your really scared of dead pixels then get a CRT because they are almost invincible....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts