Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so busy trying to get rid of some of my stuff, that I forgot to make this thread!

I was looking to sell me xms2 5400ul and I came across a guy who needed the ram. After we started talking he told me he has 3 trays that he bought from some Intel employee for about twelve hundred bucs. I thought he was crazy, but 2 trays were socket 478 ES's 2.4ghz and up and another tray was for socket 775 ES's!! Altogether he had gotten 188 cpus!! ::drooling::. He showed me he had some of them listed on ebay and wanted to sell me like 20, (i didnt have that much dough). Anyway someone from intel said that the ES's arent sappose to be resold so last i saw he is no longer an ebay member.

But I did trade my ram, added some cash and got a 3.8ghz s775 ES and a p4-m 3.2ghz s478 es, both with 1 mb of cache. And yes he showed me pics (i'm not that gulllible)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbasil1

lucky SOB..... well enjoy!!

Yuppers

Tomasro The P4-M's dont work on the asus boards, I tried it on a p4c800-e deluxe, its a no go.

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Alright this is gonna be a totally useless post but whatever, wouldn't it be great to have a 45nm 5GHz CPU with a bus of 333 (like the new AMD Socket AM2) so you have an FSB of 1333 and your CPU clock would be 333x15=4995 or about 5GHz, and with 45nm you could do that at like 1.1v or something
and OBVIOUSLY it would have a 1 stage pipeline and do 500 operations per cycle, I mean what kind of crappy CPU can't do that?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts