Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Gurus here able to help, I am running 32Gb (4x8GB) of GSkill Trident Z RGB CL16 3600. Samsung B die. Motherboard is an MSI X399 Carbon AC

It's been quite a challenge overclocking this this machine, I say overclocking, running its RAM at rated speed
biggrin.gif
I understand these are developed for Intel and therefore AMD mileage will vary, I have seen it run at rated speed but stability was a no go, I knew it might be a challenge, so started at slower speeds and have ramped it up.

3200 and 3333 I have no issues running 1T CL 14-14-14-28, 3200 won't run any lower latencies with HCI memtest stability.

I also have 3466 running @ CL14 with slightly relaxed timings 15-15-30, still performs better than the other two, this will do 24hrs memtest and prime, run anything I throw at it but show it a cold boot and the machine won't fire up and I am not sure what switches I can twiddle to help it out. Reboots are fine and fire up no problem.

I freely admit I don't know what I am doing beyond lowering numbers and lots of performance testing to see what works
biggrin.gif

I've quite enjoyed the tinkering but I'm a bit stumped, I feel it's almost there?

Any ideas before I give up and settle on 3333 and start tuning that, I've been twiddling for days, not even got around to OC'ing the CPU or adding proper graphics etc yet.

Cheers
Sandy

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Settled on 3333, that works 100% of the time rather than the 10% of the time for 3466, due to slacker timings I'm not loosing much.

Shame I can't run the rated speeds but chances are 3333 at the tighter timings of c14 is a reasonable compromise.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Not a bad result !

Enjoy !

biggrin.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts