Overclock.net banner

1900xtx Bottleneck?

1562 Views 18 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Ste
Would an 1900xtx be bottlenecked with my 3.6Ghz prescott at the high resolutions I play at? My native res is 1600x1200 and I enjoy playing at that if possible. I was planning on waiting till the next round of cards but might pick one of these up (probably a 1900xt and OC to XTX) if the next gen's would not be out for a long long while.
  • Rep+
Reactions: Marshall82
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
758 Posts
Asking about bottlenecks with current CPU's is pointless, as all the current cpus have enough power for anygame engine, the only time a cpu could possibly create a bottleneck is if it wasnt upto the requirments of the game but the gfx card was, as the cpu would be able to keep up at that point.
this is all IMO

· Registered
758 Posts
that is a good look at it with the deminishing returns, but has no real relevence to my post as i said there is no game engine that will really need any more cpu power then the 3.6 will give thus not really creating a bottleneck in current games, you are quite right though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.