Overclock.net banner

1900xtx Bottleneck?

1560 18
Would an 1900xtx be bottlenecked with my 3.6Ghz prescott at the high resolutions I play at? My native res is 1600x1200 and I enjoy playing at that if possible. I was planning on waiting till the next round of cards but might pick one of these up (probably a 1900xt and OC to XTX) if the next gen's would not be out for a long long while.
  • Rep+
Reactions: Marshall82
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, sweet. Dunno if I should wait till the Dx10 cards come out next year though, just cuz I can play BF2 at native res with about 50fps no problem now....I mean, if it aint broke.....

· Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I am talking about games. and its probably going to determine on whether or not I get another job. If I do, Ill sell my X800XT and put what I make towards a new graphics card, if not, Ill just chill. My friends still use their 9800pros so I figure Im still alright.

2 jobs in college isn't all fun and games though, probably wouldnt even have time to PLAY my x1900xt!

· Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
*shrug* but I think there is a law of deminishing returns as far as GPU/CPUs go. If you have a barton, (assuming there was a PCIe board that an AXP would work on) you might as well just get a 6800 because its never going to be able to process the info a x1900xtx is going to wanna throw through it. I mean, having the x1900xtx would work better than the 6800 but again, diminishing returns....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.