Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we just found my mother's old Asahi Pentax K1000 SLR with a bunch of goodies. Now an old film camera isn't hugely useful in the digital age, but she had some decent lenses and filters with it as well. All in all we have:

K1000 camera body
SMC Pentax-M 50mm f/2 (kit lens?)
Lenmar 135mm f/2.8
Quantaray 35 ~ 70mm f/3.5-4.5
Lenmar Auto 2x Teleconverter
Hoya 55mm Skylight(1B) filter
Hoya 50mm Skylight(1B) filter
Quantaray 49mm +3 filter (?)

Plus a manual, flash, and a couple rolls of 35mm film. All lenses are K or KA mount.

Any particularly interesting goodies? All this stuff makes me want to get a PK compatible camera body, or something that can be converted to it, to save money on lenses and filters.

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
i believe canon eos mount can be adapted to k mount with just a 20 dollar ring.

look at the 50mm and see what speed it is. if its a f1.2 thats a 300-400 dollar lens.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mz-n10 View Post
i believe canon eos mount can be adapted to k mount with just a 20 dollar ring.

look at the 50mm and see what speed it is. if its a f1.2 thats a 300-400 dollar lens.
Lol, what makes me sad, theres someone in my film class with a 50 f/1.2, and they don't know what they have

·
Premium Member
7,017 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tK FuRY View Post
Lol, what makes me sad, theres someone in my film class with a 50 f/1.2, and they don't know what they have

Funny enough my friend who is a film major has a K1000 with the 50MM f/1.2 lens. He bought it for $25 at a garage sale a few days ago. Epic find on his part.

I was shooting with it today too. Good times...

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
ive actually been considering buying a 50/1.2 super tak.....but cant bring myself to spend 300-400 for it.

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts
The FD 50mm f/1.2L, now that's a nice lens. Has a floating system unlike the current one.

Take that back. Noctilux is where it's at.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OP updated with lens speed.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any opinions? I don't know what's considered good.

Oh, by the way, I stopped by the camera section in Walmart today. I like the Canon T1i, but **** me freddy, $800 for just the body, no lens. What probably should have been the kit lens was sold separate for $300. Christ.

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wasn't shocked as in, "Wow, I don't want to spend that much for a camera!", it was more, "They're asking how much? I saw that online for 3/4s as much with lens!" I just went to see how it feels.

I'll probably get a T1i with kit lens and an adapter ring so I can use that 135mm Lenmar lens for macros.

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
good choice. t1i is still a very very nice camera for the price.

you might also want to consider the xsi if you dont need video or a used 40d.

all your lenses are pretty low end. the 50/2 might be nice on a GF1/NEX5/EP2. zooms have evolved so much that theres no reason to use these primes when even the kit lens is probably just as good (maybe just for the speed).

of course each lens has their own character so you might want to shoot with them and see if theres something you really like about the lens.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Video would be very nice to have. I might look for a refurb T1i to save money. What's the difference between 400D, 500D, etc?

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
in a nut shell 400d does not have video, 500d has video.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tK FuRY View Post
Wait, Marin, you don't buy gear at Walmart and Best buy?
Who does? But, NOT SURE IF SARCASTIC.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Depending on the condition, you could probably get around $100 for the K1000 and 50/2 if you decided to sell them. Not too sure about the other stuff. If you go for a K-Mount DSLR, I'd go for the K-x. 12MP, video, max ISO of 12800, I think. A lot of camera in a small body for a low price. I've seen them on eBay for under $500 with a standard 18-55 zoom. Its replacement, the K-r, is coming next month, so if you go that route, just wait it out a little and prices should lower.

T1i is also a great camera. D5000, also. If you don't mind waiting, I'd watch what happens at Photokina first. A lot new stuff is coming, so you could get the "antiquated" cameras for less by Jan/Feb.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts