Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,144 Posts
Pretty decent. Did you see it in person yet? It has a good response time.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looked good and clear, I just don't know what to look for in an LCD montior. It was next to a bunch of LCD's, so I couldn't compare it to any CRT's.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
i would go for it... the contrast ratio is a little low, but the response time is good enouph, all else looks well

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look at my specs... I can't decide if I want to upgrade my monitor, speakers, CPU, or graphics card... I can only do one at a time, so which would you guys upgrade first?

My CPU and mobo don't really get along too well... "219 bug" with my CBBID Winchester.

My monitor is huge, taking up pretty much all of my desk.

My speakers are Altec Lansing 2.1 stereo speakers. $20 Wal-Mart special.

My gfx card is a good overclocking 6600GT but I've been getting greedy as of late when it comes to graphcis.

Which to upgrade first?

·
Premium Member
5,144 Posts
Go for the monitor.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
monitor... then speakers, then mobo and cpu then graphics.... your mobo and cpu are fine for now, and the graphics, its just dumb to upgrade now with the dx10 cards not far away.... speakers,i couldnt live with 2.1,get some klipsh pro media 5.1, youll love them! and that monitor is a good buy too, go for it now...

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbasil1

monitor... then speakers, then mobo and cpu then graphics.... your mobo and cpu are fine for now, and the graphics, its just dumb to upgrade now with the dx10 cards not far away.... speakers,i couldnt live with 2.1,get some klipsh pro media 5.1, youll love them! and that monitor is a good buy too, go for it now...

That's what I was thinking, too. The only worry I have is that my CRT is 19" and going to LCD wouldn't be that much different. Just give me more desk space. Also, my CRT can utilize higher resolution than that LCD... I don't know, still thinking all of this trough.

I'm definately going to upgrade my speakers, but I haven't decided on whether I want to build my own custom setup...

I'm going to wait on the CPU until I can get a dual core something. And also wait for DX10 card.

So is there really that much of a difference between a CRT and an LCD?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts