Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new Power supply that has 4 6 pin power connectors. It does not have be a 1KW unit however I do not know if the one I am looking at is of a good quality.

1.) I am looking at the BFGtech 1KW unit. Any ideas or suggestions?

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, that is what I was searching for and could not find it. Looks like you guys found it for me. Thanks. I want to make sure I have the 8 pin power for my new 680i Intel Board. Also, I want to make sure I have 4-6pin power connectors for dual 8800GTX cards or future QUAD SLI.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by apopilot
View Post

Well, that is what I was searching for and could not find it. Looks like you guys found it for me. Thanks. I want to make sure I have the 8 pin power for my new 680i Intel Board. Also, I want to make sure I have 4-6pin power connectors for dual 8800GTX cards or future QUAD SLI.

It has the 8 pin, but I dunoo if it will support 4 of the 8 series GPUs. Why would you need 4?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The new 8800GTX cards each take TWO 6-pin power connectors.

On another note on PC Power and Cooling site this is not listed as a Highe Performance PSU like my existing PCaC TURBO510. Is this Quad Silencer a good unit?

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by apopilot
View Post

The new 8800GTX cards each take TWO 6-pin power connectors.

On another note on PC Power and Cooling site this is not listed as a Highe Performance PSU like my existing PCaC TURBO510. Is this Quad Silencer a good unit?

They are REALLY good units. The 750 Quad is named so because of the 4 PCI-E connectors

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
It's freaking beefcake

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishie36
View Post

OK, I must've read wrong somewhere. I seem to recall the nvidia website saying 400w for single GTX, and 450W for dual GTX. I can't seem to find that anymore. Ignore me

it probably said 400 for a single GTS and 450 for a GTX.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I see so many 850 Watt units as well. But I think I am going to stick with PC Power and Cooling 750W PSU. I hope this is enough for future QUAD sli with the 8800 series and my existing rig!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.