Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So didn't flash bios or anything. Can't raise voltages : / But Iv used software mod method which is working well..

Lucky chip or? Iv also tried MSI Kombustor for 10 min.

Proof

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
you should be able to hit 1ghz but since you have no voltage control, that clock is respectable

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could try wasn't bothered. Well I'm afraid because of my temperatures. I'm using stock cooler ;/. But it seems nice cos its working on like 45% on full load another thing is I got ****ty E8500 which may bottleneck

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Slave, thx
Btw do you have any clue which is critical temperature for 5850?
I'm using profiles to switch back to stock clocks or higher clocks when I'm gaming.
So when I'm idleing on stock clock its at 45C and if I jump to 900MHz it turns to 55. But ingame its fine at 65-70 I assume since fan is smart controlled to keep it under 70C and it works on around 45%.

Also my last Graphic card was 9800gtx /Rip

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shame486 View Post
Well Slave, thx
I'm using profiles to switch back to stock clocks or higher clocks when I'm gaming.
So when I'm idleing on stock clock its at 45C and if I jump to 900MHz it turns to 55. But ingame its fine at 65-70 I assume since fan is smart controlled to keep it under 70C and it works on around 45%.

100*C+ is critical temps
anything below is still safe

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Pie View Post
100*C+ is critical temps

I'd say no more than 85 on the core for 24/7 and the VRMs are built for 130, so about 100 here.

And BTW, your CPU is a bottleneck.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

100*C+ is critical temps

Thx on fast reply but,.

I find it as torturing hardware :/

I had 9800gtx on stock clocks and nice airflow. It used to idle at 60C duo my blindness I didn't notice that fan wasn't working correctly. Well it still had solid 75C on full load and then Iv custom adjusted fan control. Temps were nice then actually but noise level OH LAWD!. Sadly enough 2 weeks later graphic card totally died. When my pc booted up it just showed binary code and wasn't even able to boot up into Windows + some weird artifact across the screen. I don't want to experience again :/. I bought 9800Gtx back in 2007 also

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by B!0HaZard View Post
I'd say no more than 85 on the core for 24/7 and the VRMs are built for 130, so about 100 here.

And BTW, your CPU is a bottleneck.
Yeah Iv tough same, tried to overclock it to 4GHz but with this mobo not possible <.<, every time I set fsb from 400 to 401 it just gives me Error bad overclock returning to last stable overclock bla bla... As its 775 Socket I guess Ill have to go for Quad

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Quote:

Yeah Iv tough same, tried to overclock it to 4GHz but with this mobo not possible <.<, every time I set fsb from 400 to 401 it just gives me Error bad overclock returning to last stable overclock bla bla... As its 775 Socket I guess Ill have to go for Quad
I'd just jump directly to an i5. You wouldn't see enough performance boost from a Q9xxx. And I know the feeling about the OC. 485 FSB and my mobo craps out. For an E8200 that's only 3.88. Then again, 3.88 is better than your 3.8 GHz. I got the most bang-for-the-buck.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Yeah, that's the problem for us 775'ers. No upgrades without new mobo. And with new mobo comes new RAM. And with new mobo, most of us will need new CPU coolers.

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Quote:

Yeah, that's the problem for us 775'ers. No upgrades without new mobo. And with new mobo comes new RAM. And with new mobo, most of us will need new CPU coolers.
depends.....most x58 mobos have 775 cooler mounting holes AFAIK

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Quote:

But the coolers can't necessarily handle the i5 @ 4 GHz when they're bought for a C2D @ 4 GHz.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Yeah like mine

But I'm looking for new solution. I saw nice thermal take Turbine Like cooler.

Great look also great cooling performances - Thermaltake SpinQ VT

And about RAM. Aren't there hybrid mobos that got 2 slots for ddr3 and 2 slots for ddr2?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Quote:

Well Slave, thx

Once at 1000mhz Core you can experience instability around 70c

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Quote:

Anyways is there any aftermarket cooler for 5850?
Prolimatech MK-13 or Thermalright T-Rad2
+
Thermalright VRM-R4
=
Profit.

Some people use the AC TTP, but it's not build for this kind of heat.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Prolimatech MK-13 or Thermalright T-Rad2
+
Thermalright VRM-R4
=
Profit.

Some people use the AC TTP, but it's not build for this kind of heat.
Thank you. Will defo look for those next month ;9, Iv spent enough already for this mont

1 - 20 of 23 Posts