Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an tt armor (black) from newegg... I was wonderin how would i go about adding more fans to it when there is no more slots for fans? How do I drill my own holes? i'd like to add a side fan as where it would blow on the cpu but ontop of the cpu is where the tuniq tower would be that I am also going to be buying <-- Will this make a a difference in temp? a fan blowing on a fan but both pushing air in the same direction... if not then screw this idea

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
with a dremel, and it depends on how good you are with your hands and creativity

just for the record, Tt just brought a door out for the Armor/kandalf that has a 25cm fan in it... exactly the same door as you now have but then only with a 25 cm fan....

and the fan on fan suction... i quess you mean the fan door you want is gonna blow air out ? well of there is enough air flow in the front then it should not be a problem... and i think it's gonna makes differents in temp cause afteral, it is a bigger cpu cooler then the standard one

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kontemptJC

I just received an tt armor (black) from newegg... I was wonderin how would i go about adding more fans to it when there is no more slots for fans? How do I drill my own holes? i'd like to add a side fan as where it would blow on the cpu but ontop of the cpu is where the tuniq tower would be that I am also going to be buying <-- Will this make a a difference in temp? a fan blowing on a fan but both pushing air in the same direction... if not then screw this idea

By bringing air from outside of your case, it will be cooler than the air in your case, so that will help..For big holes like from 80mm-120mm you can use a jig saw...Smaller holes use a hole saw or use a Dremel...If you have to buy the tools to do the mod you would probably be better off buying a Dremel..Dremels can be used for a lot of mods other than just cutting fan holes..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts