Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

If you were hoping yesterday's surprise reveals from an anonymous play tester "leaking" word Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 would include vehicles and blood, stand down.

Infinity Ward took to the NeoGAF message boards to debunk the list.

"People. This list is fake," posted Infinity Ward programmer Rayme "Rayme" Vinson. "I mean; I can't get into how-much-if-any is true, how much is false, etc (there's a reason why companies "don't comment on rumors"... it would NEVER F***ING END), but this list wasn't put together by anyone with any insider information. There's also some craziness that should red-flag this as "stuff I made up and wrote down" (like grass camo for snipers... that's straight out of CoD4 MP)."

Vinson was backed up by studio community manager Robert "fourzerotwo" Bowling.

"I preferred when rumors were ground breaking, like when we were making that Sci-fi Stealth Assassin game in space," joked Bowling.

The proposed list still exists, however, and since Infinity Ward isn't willing to spill all the beans on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 yet, there's every chance something on the list is true. Do you have any wishes?

Source.

It was pretty obvious that it was fake, but now it's confirmed fake.

·
Premium Member
9,349 Posts
I KNEW it. I was thinking of calling "bs" on the earlier thread but figured it would turn into a flame fest... lol. I mean, the site didn't even have a (decent) source. At least the P90 fans can stop worrying so much now.. rofl.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Wow.... I can't believe I actually fell for the info in that other thread..... at least now I have renewed hope that they wont nerf the m16.

·
Premium Member
9,349 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SugarySnack
View Post

Now watch as everyone "knew" it was fake.

Of course I knew it was fake.

Well it was pretty obvious. But I admit it was fun watching people complain about the omission of their favorite weapons. The outrage!

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
As long as they can martyrdom and adjust somethings to reflect reality (no nade=no martyrdom and so forth)

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgins
View Post

As long as they can martyrdom and adjust somethings to reflect reality (no nade=no martyrdom and so forth)

Doubt it'll happen, COD series has always been more of a arcade shooter. Can't wait till this is released!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts