Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

"We didn't release the number. I cannot explain to you why people would think it was a million people. It wasn't a million people," Whitten said in an interview with VentureBeat, where he also called the process of banning XBL users a "cat and mouse game."

Source

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckol1 View Post
Well mine was banned and I count as a million so

hatechu billy gates

They didn't ban mine, but then I didn't mod my console

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
Quote:

Well mine was banned and I count as a million so

hatechu billy gates
i think you mean

wait... that doesn't make any sense...

·
Registered
749 Posts
the first time i heard red ring of death and yellow ring of death i knew i can't buy consoles anymore. my sega genesis still works. goes to show how some new tech seem to die quick these days, maybe they were constructed with this intention to rack in more money when you buy a 2nd pair?

·
Z-80 > i9
17,244 Posts
Both of my 360s work (Apart from stuff I accidentally did), as does my PS2...

It's the same as the number of hurricanes, etc increasing, its not that, it's just we hear about it more now.

·
News Junkie
8,232 Posts
Lol. There is a flood of very cheap 360s on ebay now.

·
PC Gaming Master Race
10,086 Posts
I don't find it's possible that they banned a million consoles, when their Live numbers are at their highest yet. Wasn't that a recent news post? 17 million Live accounts in total. Well... I guess it's POSSIBLE considering 1 million isn't that much out of 17 million, but if their current numbers are at their highest. I don't see how that would be possible if they just banned about 1 million accounts/consoles.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have spent over $1,000 on new xbox 360's and repairing them. Also MS decided I didn't have a valid warranty one 1 system when I was checking for which system had the warranty left... neither did and that is BS. The one sure had expired but the other had a few months left.

Oh well, I will never buy a 360 again. I MIGHT be tempted back into a console one day if it's modular, had dedicated servers, 2+ GB of RAM & free online, or was like a Wii 2.0 LOL.

Speaking of modular, I wonder what I should add to my PC next... I'm thinking a second graphics card. ^_^

·
Registered
659 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros View Post
I don't find it's possible that they banned a million consoles, when their Live numbers are at their highest yet. Wasn't that a recent news post? 17 million Live accounts in total. Well... I guess it's POSSIBLE considering 1 million isn't that much out of 17 million, but if their current numbers are at their highest. I don't see how that would be possible if they just banned about 1 million accounts/consoles.
It's MS, anything is possible if it's bad.
Although banning for using fan mods is wrong. I Had a heat-shield removed on my first 360 and a PS2 fan added to pull more air in and it added 4 months of problem free life to it.

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dham View Post
One word(err acronym) RoHS

This is probably printed all over your computer stuff. All this mean is: We will **** you in the ass.
Yup. the good stuff is toxic

Lead solder can take heating and cooling(expanding and contracting) better than a lot of the substitutes in use now AFAIK. That's actually one of the main reasons for 360 failures, overheating and BGA contact loss.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Yup. the good stuff is toxic

Lead solder can take heating and cooling(expanding and contracting) better than a lot of the substitutes in use now AFAIK. That's actually one of the main reasons for 360 failures, overheating and BGA contact loss.
Yea exactly. This is why were going up in electronic failures instead of down. Someone always has to step in and regulate things. Honestly I think we need to teach people not to cook their food with burning video cards and motherboards.

·
Iconoclast
30,667 Posts
Quote:

I'm not to sure what I meant myself, anyways I have a new one now, not banned, not modded. Learned my lesson, for now

Obviously not.

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dham View Post
Yea exactly. This is why were going up in electronic failures instead of down. Someone always has to step in and regulate things. Honestly I think we need to teach people not to cook their food with burning video cards and motherboards.
Well... the idea was to reduce the amount of "toxic waste" ending up in landfills due to a lack of large-scale electronics recycling, i think.

I guess we wouldn't be throwing as much out if it worked longer tho

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertRat
View Post

Well... the idea was to reduce the amount of "toxic waste" ending up in landfills due to a lack of large-scale electronics recycling, i think.

I guess we wouldn't be throwing as much out if it worked longer tho

Yea your right. I was just referencing the pictures on the internet of a place in India where they were burning electronics and I believe cooking food with it. There were birth defects and other medical problems. Who knows if it was true or not.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts