Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have hooked up M audio av40 into the main audio port on mobo, and a velodyne sub into the sub output on mobo. all of the speakers are working when doing the "test" but when playing any music only the front 2 work. I have messed with many different configurations in the settings but nothing works. any input would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a gigabyte fx990 ud3 and velodyne vx11, I know it's hooked up properly but a setting or something is wrong. They all work on speaker test

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
Bass redirection should be the magic word in the onboard audio control panel. Try putting the settings to 5.1 mode for starters and see if you can find the magic words somewhere.

If the onboard doesn't have the support for it... I guess the only way is to get a splitter cable for the front speakers-jack and plug both the speakers and sub to the same jack.

Or get a cheap soundcard like Xonar DG which has bass redirection support (branded as Flexbass).

·
Registered
42 Posts
I used a similar setup on a Xonar D1. I had Analog out set as "5.1" but Audio channels as "2 Channels". Worked fine. Flexbass was working as a crossover, limiting the bass on monitors and limiting upper range on sub.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts