Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm currently spending most of my time in a noisy lab over the summer and our FM radio went to poop. We have an internet radio but the PC speaker is an internal. I'm not going to keep these speakers but looking for something under 50 bucks that we can use to give solid sound, that is audible.

Cheers on input!

I wanted to grab some M-Audio 20s but they were 80 bucks. I was also going to pick up a Samsung MM-C330 for 60, but they were out of stock.

Also found these... http://www.canadacomputers.com/produ...item_id=029620

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Yes, a 3.5mm to rca is all you need to the amp (and speaker wire from the amp to speakers, of course).

Unfortunately I did not notice that you were in canada. Shipping to canada would probably be stupidly expensive, but I don't know for sure.

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorb
View Post

Yes, a 3.5mm to rca is all you need to the amp (and speaker wire from the amp to speakers, of course).

Unfortunately I did not notice that you were in canada. Shipping to canada would probably be stupidly expensive, but I don't know for sure.

Awwwh maaan, I'll look into it. I had no idea you could get amps+bookshelfs for so cheap.

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would this amp come into conflict with anything technical or chemical? We work with toluene, acetone, xylen, hexanes, etc; no ethers. It has been known that our most sensitive scales will react to the slightest bit of static. Amps don't discharge any static do they? Our metal counters should no be conductive...

If this is next to the computer, it'll give the same threat as the computer itself eh? It won't amplify any caution?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts