Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking around at some 5.1 and 2.1 speakers, decided that 5.1 is out since i can't run wires all over the floor. I'd say recently im becoming more and more of an audiophile, after I got an Xfi(with front bay) and HD280s, for my current speakers I have these altec lansings. I looked at z2300s and Promedia 2.1s, which are $100-$150 at most places... So while browsing OCN at school I came up with a compromise to myself.

Would I be able to put together a better sounding setup(receiver sub and 2 satellites) for around $200 bucks?

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
grab a pair of b-stock av123 elt525M and a t-amp from partsexpress.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
you get a pair of active studio monitors like the Audioengine A2's or B-stock Mackie MR5 from audioline.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Are a pair of headphones out of the question? You'd get a lot more sound for the money if you're able to jack directly into the front panel.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have HD 280 Pros for my headphones, there good, but I just like the the feel and of speakers sometimes.

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,742 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grossebeaver View Post
Are a pair of headphones out of the question? You'd get a lot more sound for the money if you're able to jack directly into the front panel.
If you have quality headphones then jacking into the front panel is silly.

You need to go straight from back of card for max quality.

·
Lep
1,385 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by S2kphile View Post
you get a pair of active studio monitors like the Audioengine A2's or B-stock Mackie MR5 from audioline.
or KRK rokits like me

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Rocker View Post
If you have quality headphones then jacking into the front panel is silly.

You need to go straight from back of card for max quality.
Yeah i tried them there but the crackling drove me insane...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts