Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired but not dead!
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?94713-2.13..did-it-work-for-you-or-did-it-not-work-for-you&p=687389&viewfull=1#post687389

Here we go again. Despite the promise of 2.13 working and OCZ being confident enough to make a poll of users, 2.13 has been a failure.

Many people who prematurely voted 2.13 as being stable have posted toward the end of the thread wanting to change their vote.

Let's hope that if they are brave enough for another poll, that they ban their support staff from voting in the poll this time. If you make a poll for users who have issues, support staff who claim they can't recreate the issues should not be voting for either side.

Let's also hope even more that Sandforce actually has it figured out this time.

Let's also hope even more x2 that we don't get the usual peanut gallery from OCN claiming that it's all user error again like when 2.13 wasn't working. If this wasn't something wrong on Sandforce's end, we wouldn't have a firmware update every single month these drives have been released.

·
Banned
5,701 Posts
I always laugh when people say how great their OCZ SSD's are... like they were better then my Intel X25-M's... ya... no. A little faster speed is great. While they work.

·
Retired but not dead!
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/fo...no-harm-though

OCZ is at it again. I've read through the thread above. They now have some people disabling c-states and running on high performance power scheme. They are telling others not to install chipset drivers, Intel RST drivers and IME drivers. And they are telling others to disable trim.

If that is what it takes to be stable, it's truly is time to give up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booty Warrior;15338060
2.02 ftw.
Agreed!
No problems with mine until I installed the Intel drivers. Started to get lock up's so reverted back to MSAHCI and been fine since.
biggrin.gif

I wont be updating from 2.02!

·
Registered
524 Posts
I just don't understand why people would even consider buying an SSD with a controller that has a still undiscovered fatal flaw.

Would you buy a CPU that might work? That has a severe error that hasn't been resolved? Look at the huge uproar over the SB SATA bug, one that not a single end user even noticed.

Do you guys buy into SF drives because of the hype, the marketing, didn't know about the error? It's not like the speed difference is actually noticeable real world.

Just wondering, since why people continue to buy these drives has me confused.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got mine as soon as it was release and not had any issue with it. Maybe if I had heard about issues with these drives then I would have stayed away, but I'm more than happy with it at the moment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts