Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an i7 920 and Gigayte x58 Xtreme board and cause of the mobo my budget doesnt seem enough for 6gb kits so i ll try 3x1. Which ram kit should i use? this was the first.2nd one: Can i use 3x1gb rams without same serial(non-kit) is it going to cause much problem to my OC?3rd:2(3x1) or 3x2 which one performs better thanks alot
(i ll probably start with triple 1gb kit or non kit 3gb )

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevingreenbmx
View Post

What exactly is your budget?

Mate prices are really high over here for example a kit for $150 can be around $220 here so mine is about $150 atm :S but consider it that way ... i really suck atm about cash ...

##posting some kits that i can afford atm ##
A-DATA 6 GB (3*2) 1600 MHz DDR3 OC. Triple Kit CL8 -- around $230
TEAM Elite 3 GB (3*1) 1333 MHz DDR3 Triple Kit CL9 --around $120
6 GB (3*2GB) KIT XMS DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Ram ---$240
6GB (3*2GB) KIT Hyperx DDR3 1600MHz CL9 XMP Ram -$240
OCZ 3 GB (1024X3) DDR3 1600 Mhz RAM CL8 GOLD -$133

these are the maximum options for me atm ...

·
Premium Member
8,661 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Traeumt
View Post

Mate prices are really high over here for example a kit for $150 can be around $220 here so mine is about $150 atm :S but consider it that way ... i really suck atm about cash ...

do you have an example of a website you can order from? we can see what is available and make a recommendation on that. also, check out the for sale section here.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i wish i had that chance(sale section i am messing with paypal atm ) and yeah i have some websites but they are all in Turkish ...

·
Banned
11,112 Posts
so you bought the fastest CPU, most expensive motherboard, watercooling, a high end graphics card, and don't even have enough left for some RAM? You should have gone with a cheaper (ie, 1156 or AM3), air cooled setup.

With that said, i suggest the team elite or OCZ.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by T3h_Ch33z_Muncha View Post
so you bought the fastest CPU, most expensive motherboard, watercooling, a high end graphics card, and don't even have enough left for some RAM? You should have gone with a cheaper (ie, 1156 or AM3), air cooled setup.

With that said, i suggest the team elite or OCZ.
just like you said :d but i just lost my credit card which i was planning to make the ram payment that sucked
thx for the suggestion

thats the reason i am asking if 3x1 + 3x1(will get it after 1 week probably) performs good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts