Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2.6c is at 3.06 ghz on a 6:5 memory divider the temps are 34 C idle 42 full load but i still get errors after bout 5 minutes on prime is it cause my POS micron ram i stole off some dell its rated pc3200 but i dunno if thats holding me back any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Please take a moment to fill out your system specs here http://www.overclock.net/usercp.php so we have a better Idea of what you have, the more info you submit the better we can help. Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
k i set to the next divider(3:2) temps are a little higher by 2*C on idle and load and im running memtest is running...if it is my ram shud i be able to overclock better with 1gb of kingston hyper-x 2-2-2-5?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how long shud i run memtest for? and i am unable to raise vcore on p4s800d-x unless im not looking in the right place...though i have looked everywhere

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stable in memtest not stable in prime95 is there anything i can do to keep it stable i dunno what is wrong the temps are really low...would better ram help?

at every overclock prime95 dies in almost the same place about 4 minutes in to testing....

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Well Im gonna say that your not getting enough power to your CPU to run a stable overclock. If you cant raise your Vcore then your pretty much stuck.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rikemaru
1.58v isnt enough?
That is stock voltage, which is intended to keep the system stable at stock speeds, if you start to overclock, the system will require more power to become stable, some times you can overclock a ton before running into these issue, but sometimes you can only clock a little bit before you have to up the voltage. Like I said if you cant up the voltage then your pretty much stuck.
If you are passing memtest then your ram is not holding you back it is your CPU.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Well I just did a search on your board, and found out that it has the sis chipset in it, which means your overclocking is totaly limited, and your not gonna get very far, plus it says nothing about being able to up vcore or anything, some Ithink you are pretty much stuck were you are. Heres the info I found on your board.

http://usa.asus.com/products4.aspx?l...07&modelmenu=1

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright i think it might be time for me to give up on this comp and start building a better computer...i have a lot of pc games that i would like to play at a decent framerate...i already got some low latency hyper-x from a friend and i can get a good deal on an asus a8n32 sli for $160..does this board let u play with the cpu and ram voltages?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Yeah that board has voltage changes in it, and all sorts of great features, it is (which im sure you know) an AMD board for socket 939, so if your gonna go that route you might want to start talking with the AMD guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts