Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys is this about the cieling of the proc i can't seem to get it any higher and it be stable i have tried everything. My vcore 1.65, Ram 300, Multi 9, divider 1.5, timings 2.5 3 3 3 8, vdimm 2.9. anysuggestions i am only running at 39 under full load right now!!!!!!!!!11

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajfriese5

Hey guys is this about the cieling of the proc i can't seem to get it any higher and it be stable i have tried everything. My vcore 1.65, Ram 300, Multi 9, divider 1.5, timings 2.5 3 3 3 8, vdimm 2.9. anysuggestions i am only running at 39 under full load right now!!!!!!!!!11

I could only get my Venice to 2.5GHz, 2.6 if I really push it (not 100% stable). I think the average Venice only does up to 2.4-2.6, so that means you have a killer OC there. If you really insist on pushing it further you can try loosening your timmings and/or running at 2T. You may try to push your vcore a little higher, but take note that you are in the red zone as far as vcore goes.

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by internal

If those are your load temps at those volts and OC, you're not stressing your computer right.

It does look strange to me too. My San Diego is running with 1.7V at 44*C MAX after several hours in Prime (and I think I have a rather good cooler on the thing).

·
Registered
220 Posts
I guess it COULD be possible but not under air at least that's my opinion.

@ 2.5ghz my 3200+ @ 1.4V is at 35-38C under full load for long periods with a zalman cooler running at 100% all the time.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hmmm.

What HSF do you have on your CPU??

Did I read tha correctly, you have 8 fans in your computer?

Did I mention I can't even hear my computer running?

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
I think you are just about right for temperatures, and overclock. I have the same chip, and I run a 2650 mhz overclock, but I have seen people get well over 3ghz, depending on what cooling you have. Im not sure what else you could do in your situation, but I would try loosening your ram settings to 3-4-4-8, and pushing your vcore up to 1.7. BE CAREFUL around those vcore voltages tho, and watch your temps! you dont want to fry the poor thing. good luck!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is the heatsink guys
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835186134
Later maybe i'll try water but for now this will do i think that with a new board i could get it higher because my ht is limited to 800 and i have it at 900 right now i think that would give me a little more headroom. tried and tried all day messing with the settings but that's as good as it's going to get.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's sort of what I think it's not too bad. Besdies i beat the heck out of my best friends 3500 venice on pcmark 05 so i am happy right now.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey guys just letting you know took the vcore down to 1.6 and tightened the ram to 8 3 3 2.5 and she's fine running even cooler now full load at 36

1 - 15 of 15 Posts