Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting a new HTPC build and am trying to figure out my cable management, I'm wondering if it is safe to run two 80mm exhaust fans off of a single motherboard fan header? The fans are "Nexus Real Silent Case Fans". There rated at 10.2~13.8 volts, 0.15 Amp Max input current, & 1.8 Watts Max input power. I've read where most mobo fan headers are 0.5 Amp, but I really don't know this for sure. Anyway, do you guys think it would be safe? or could I end up burning out the fan header?

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ric2L
View Post

I'm starting a new HTPC build and am trying to figure out my cable management, I'm wondering if it is safe to run two 80mm exhaust fans off of a single motherboard fan header? The fans are "Nexus Real Silent Case Fans". There rated at 10.2~13.8 volts, 0.15 Amp Max input current, & 1.8 Watts Max input power. I've read where most mobo fan headers are 0.5 Amp, but I really don't know this for sure. Anyway, do you guys think it would be safe? or could I end up burning out the fan header?

If they work no harm done.

·
Registered
264 Posts
According to Asus P5QL pro manual:
"The fan connectors support cooling fans of 350 mA~2000 mA(24 W max) or a total of 1 A~7 A(84 W max)at +12V"
Your Asus mobo is better than mine so...
Your 2 fans combined use 3.6W & 0.3 A,so you are safe!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PERSPOLIS
View Post

According to Asus P5QL pro manual:
"The fan connectors support cooling fans of 350 mA~2000 mA(24 W max) or a total of 1 A~7 A(84 W max)at +12V"
Your Asus mobo is better than mine so...
Your 2 fans combined use 3.6W & 0.3 A,so you are safe!

Thats the way I was figuring it myself just wanted to get another poinion and make sure.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.