Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a year ago I built a computer with two of these EVGA cards. I've never really had a game slow down with settings jacked up. I'm going into a case mod project with the wife and we are going to go tits up on parts and customization.

Is 3x or 4x SLI worth it? I can't seem to find any good comparisons between 2 vs 3 or 2 vs 4 SLI modes.

Any thoughts on the matter as going to 4x sli would change my mobo, case, and water cooling substantially. This build will be made over months, and I make a good enough living to have a hobby like this so money is not the problem. I however am anal as hell and would go ape**** crazy if I had 4x SLI and it was slower then 2x SLI builds or comparable.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,293 Posts
Adding a third card is not recommended. >.< You won't see the results you want.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonedancr
View Post

So about a year ago I built a computer with two of these EVGA cards. I've never really had a game slow down with settings jacked up. I'm going into a case mod project with the wife and we are going to go tits up on parts and customization.

Is 3x or 4x SLI worth it? I can't seem to find any good comparisons between 2 vs 3 or 2 vs 4 SLI modes.

Any thoughts on the matter as going to 4x sli would change my mobo, case, and water cooling substantially. This build will be made over months, and I make a good enough living to have a hobby like this so money is not the problem. I however am anal as hell and would go ape**** crazy if I had 4x SLI and it was slower then 2x SLI builds or comparable.

Well I know for certain that in most circumstances, (Excluding if your folding) 4 way sli will actually hurt your performance in games. Unsure aout 3way however.

Alternatively maybe you should consider saving up for a new DX11 2way setup? Just a thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts