Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two mice, their highest setting is 1600 dpi. I have the windows pointer speed set to 6/11 and 'enhance pointer precision' off.
6/11 is supposed to read it for every 'dot' right? Both mice jump two pixels (skipping one pixel) at 1600 dpi.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I uninstalled setpoint, added the registry key, relogged, then restarted my comp. But it still skips a pixel when going horizontal or vertical.
One of the mice is a gigabyte gm6800. Not sure what the other one is.

·
InstantAli3n
2,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zxvf View Post

Thanks. I uninstalled setpoint, added the registry key, relogged, then restarted my comp. But it still skips a pixel when going horizontal or vertical.
One of the mice is a gigabyte gm6800. Not sure what the other one is.
Just to make sure this is actually what's happening though, can you open Mouse Movement Recorder and see if there are any red/green indicators of Windows messing with movement?
I'm asking because I was just experimenting with it and had the same problem. When I moved horizontal or vertical it would register that the mouse had moved, but the pointer had not and skip the first pixel...

To fix it I made sure Enhance pointer precision was set to ON applied the fix, and rebooted again. After that the problem was gone.

I think you may have Enhance pointer precision set to OFF, but when you use this "hack" it's actually replacing the movement curve that Enhance Precision enables so having it on is actually turning the MarcC fix on.
smile.gif

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah.. I turned it on to test earlier, and it will go by one pixel. but it accelerates if I move fast. Are you saying I should turn it on and the MarcC fix will override it? Sometimes there's red and green. but it's rare.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope. That didn't do it. Maybe both mice can't actually do 1600 dpi. I know if I turn down my mouse sensitivity to 4/11 (cutting it in half, I guess) it doesn't skip pixels.

·
InstantAli3n
2,002 Posts
Yes you need to keep Enhance Pointer Precision on for the MarkC fix.

(MarkC overrides windows only when it is ON)

By the way, you will still see green if you hit the edges of the screen, that is ok.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts