Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a HP w2207 and a HP w2408H, both are running on different machine, but the colors of the HP w2207 is so different than the other.

Is there a way I can fix this? Or this has to do with monitor and there is nothing I can do?

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I doubt there is anything you can do, I have 3 exact same Monitors hooked up together and the color is different on all 3

·
Registered
59 Posts
you can purchase screen calibration tools for like 100 bucks or so. they will get the screen to a good range if you need. other then that you just have to mess with the color saturation and contrast.

the tools i am talking about use a colorimeter sensor , so you dont have to trust your eyes to do it. this is of course a software choice and takes like a few minutes. i think there are also some that use your monitor setting but those aren't as popular and take longer.

i personally used s-rite eye one... worked very good. use it once, save the profile... do'nt really have to touch it again afterward... just remember to warm up the monitor and stuff..

this works especially well for different machines,... same machine... you just have to choose one to get the color right as i think windows still doesn't let you use 2 different color profiles at the same time.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by faded1004
View Post

you can purchase screen calibration tools for like 100 bucks or so. they will get the screen to a good range if you need. other then that you just have to mess with the color saturation and contrast.

the tools i am talking about use a colorimeter sensor , so you dont have to trust your eyes to do it. this is of course a software choice and takes like a few minutes. i think there are also some that use your monitor setting but those aren't as popular and take longer.

i personally used s-rite eye one... worked very good. use it once, save the profile... do'nt really have to touch it again afterward... just remember to warm up the monitor and stuff..

this works especially well for different machines,... same machine... you just have to choose one to get the color right as i think windows still doesn't let you use 2 different color profiles at the same time.

I'll look into some calibration tool, now this tools are only software or hardware too?

Thanks for that! rep +

·
Registered
59 Posts
the tool is based on creating a color profile in the OS, so software. but uses hardware (lays on monitor front) to get as close as possible to real colors.

i would suggest trying to get the monitor as close as possibly first, make sure it isn't too bright and washed out... or may be reset to default? then calibrate. remember, not all monitors are equal at reproducing true colors (even same brand and close models. or even same models different production times). so you may end up still fighting with the color matches later... cause your eyes will get used to better colors after calibration and you will notice smaller differences more. it may still bug you! : )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.