Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished building a folding machine consisting of a 2.8E, IS7 mobo, 512mb Geil PC4000, 60gb Maxtor IDE drive. I am using the stock heatsink, for now
I am going to get an XP-90 next week, then the PC4000 ram will come into play. I know for a fact that this chip will run at 3.45ghz, so that is a nice boost. I also started a 2.66B on an IC7(roommates comp) which is running at 3.0ghz. These 2 new comps havent completed their WU's yet, but when they do I expect the jump quite a bit in rankings
Anyway, I still have plans for a folding farm after x-mas. I am hoping to have 6 Pentium 4's, all at 3.0ghz or higher running 24/7.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
lol, bastard. Great work

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

lol, bastard. Great work

I know we have a best buy employee in here, we should have him setup the non-graphical folding on the demo machines at his store.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
that would be a good idea, seeing as how they just sit there running all day anyways.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

that would be a good idea, seeing as how they just sit there running all day anyways.

exactly, the programs are not stopping any needed processes, the boxes are always running and are usually hooked up to an always on internet connection to show off the web abilities.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

I just finished building a folding machine consisting of a 2.8E, IS7 mobo, 512mb Geil PC4000, 60gb Maxtor IDE drive. I am using the stock heatsink, for now
I am going to get an XP-90 next week, then the PC4000 ram will come into play. I know for a fact that this chip will run at 3.45ghz, so that is a nice boost. I also started a 2.66B on an IC7(roommates comp) which is running at 3.0ghz. These 2 new comps havent completed their WU's yet, but when they do I expect the jump quite a bit in rankings
Anyway, I still have plans for a folding farm after x-mas. I am hoping to have 6 Pentium 4's, all at 3.0ghz or higher running 24/7.

thats great man!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
lol, and i shouldn't be talking. there are 6 computers in my house and the only one i can get folding a few hours a night while im on here is mine, cause the rest belong to others in my family and they don't like "virus ridden hacker programs sucking my computer power" mind you, my family is the type who won't let me get wireless high speed internet cause the "radio waves will fry out brains and cause cancer or something" *sigh* sometimes i don't like living out in the boonies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts