Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have been playing around with the oc on my machine for awhile now there are two things that i keep noticing that i dont really know about so i was hoping someone could explain to me why they happen.

1. for some reason the oc i aim for ends up higher i.e at 4ghz i get 4014 and at 4.2 i get 4217 why the extra bit? is it my maths?

2. and secondly as my processor gets older it seems to be able to clock higher is this normal? when i first built it 3.8 was my max oc then i managed 3.9 and now 4 i cant yet run higher stable but i hope the trend will continue

·
Registered
186 Posts
Quote:

1. for some reason the oc i aim for ends up higher i.e at 4ghz i get 4014 and at 4.2 i get 4217 why the extra bit? is it my maths?

maybe due to motherboard increasing volts while CPU is under load , it happens to my 1055T every 2 seconds . Nothing to worry about .

Quote:

2. and secondly as my processor gets older it seems to be able to clock higher is this normal? when i first built it 3.8 was my max oc then i managed 3.9 and now 4 i cant yet run higher stable but i hope the trend will continue

I highly doubt it . Its the other way around .

·
Registered
952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BallaTheFeared
View Post

.9 fsb?

+1 , that's your answer to question number one . Mine works at 200.9x14=3415
And about the second one , i believe you are just getting better at OC'ing.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheImperial2004 View Post
maybe due to motherboard increasing volts while CPU is under load , it happens to my 1055T every 2 seconds . Nothing to worry about .

I highly doubt it . Its the other way around .
Actually I had the same instance. With my 1055t in my 780G Mobo my original max was about 3.3. But as time went on just increasing speeds by a little bit every now and then (without OCing anything special) I managed to reach 3.7Ghz by the end with stock stability.

·
Banned
9,168 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by smash_mouth01
View Post

200.9*14 = 2812.6 MHz (HT REF/ FSB/ CPU CLOCK)

3415/14 = 243.9 (285714285714) MHz (HT REF/ FSB/ CPU CLOCK)

Someone owns a calculator!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts