Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the first thing I wanted to talk about was this:


What would be the reason behind it not being able to connect to the server and send the work unit that I just completed? I obviously have connection to the internet since I am able to post this thread up and it just happened.

The other thing that I'm quite confused about is this:


As you can see my CPU is doing fine, but my GPU has failed 5/6 that it has tried to start. Any reason for this as well? I just set the GPU last night using this guide. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,367 Posts
Is your GPU OC'd?
I know I was having a major failure problem with my OC. I reset back to stock clocks and still had the problem. A reinstall of the GPU2 client fixed it. I also grabbed the latest drivers.

As for the unable to connect, try deleting your work folder, the core, and the queue.dat file.
They will redownload when you restart the client.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well ****... I did so and it just started up a new unit... dang it... 1400 point down the drain...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,367 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by †Blade†
View Post

Well ****... I did so and it just started up a new unit... dang it... 1400 point down the drain...


yeah, when you delete the Work Folder and queue.dat, it will download a fresh WU.

In your log, does it just say unable to connect?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5


Is that one of the big ones worth more than 2888 points? It says it'll take 12 hours to complete. and let me check the log and I'll edit this post.

EDIT: Hmm, I don't see anything showing it not being able to connect, but it is all jumbled together and not very organized.. Lol

EDIT EDIT: For the above unit I ran ./fah6 -bigadv -smp 8 so technically it should be the big one right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,367 Posts
ahh that's your CPU client.
my work is blocking the images, so can't see any.
Doesn't look like it's a -bigadv... it'll be a lot more than that i believe.
I would install HFM.NET if you haven't already. It has a better log viewer, and allows you to see the log of your last 10 WU's through a drop down menu. (Just be sure to change the preferences, otherwise, you'll be folding under a dif name and team.
)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
46,114 Posts
That's an A3 WU; the Linux VMware downloads them when the VMware can't download a -bigadv WU.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by btwalter View Post
ahh that's your CPU client.
my work is blocking the images, so can't see any.
Doesn't look like it's a -bigadv... it'll be a lot more than that i believe.
I would install HFM.NET if you haven't already. It has a better log viewer, and allows you to see the log of your last 10 WU's through a drop down menu. (Just be sure to change the preferences, otherwise, you'll be folding under a dif name and team.
)
Lol, that is HFM.net Silly! Did you not see what it said in the top left corner of the window? Haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac View Post
That's an A3 WU; the Linux VMware downloads them when the VMware can't download a -bigadv WU.
Hmm, any particular reason why it wouldn't be able to download a -bigadv unit? Grant it, I'll finish this smaller one no biggy, but I have(or at least should have) finished up my 10 units under the password they gave me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,161 Posts
zodac, say what you just said, but in another way, I don't get it (pretend you are talking to someone who is "dissoriented"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,367 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by †Blade† View Post
Lol, that is HFM.net Silly! Did you not see what it said in the top left corner of the window? Haha

Hmm, any particular reason why it wouldn't be able to download a -bigadv unit? Grant it, I'll finish this smaller one no biggy, but I have(or at least should have) finished up my 10 units under the password they gave me.
Like I said, my work blocks out most images. so can't see any image you posted.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by btwalter View Post
Like I said, my work blocks out most images. so can't see any image you posted.

o0o0o0o gotcha!
For some reason I thought you were talking about like your work unit or program or something and it blocked something out in image format. Haha
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top