Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do Polypropylene T-Fittings have any more chance at breaking/cracking than these "Delrin/Acetal T-Fitting"? or do they last long enough that i shouldn't worry about it?

a Swiftech MCR220 "Quiet Power" Rad costs about two 77 bonville heater cores, so with the money i saved up for the MCR220 i'll have enough for two heater cores. with a d5 or Laing DDC-3.2 pump on a cpu-only loop will it benefit with two heater cores?

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
question 1.... the plastic "T" fittings will last and hold up to plenty of punishment the metal/delrin T fitting is just for looks as i see it. As by my definition of punishment a regular plastic T fitting in my experience wont crack or break by pulling hard on it to get tubing off, and very good chance it will not break before a worm drive metal clap gives and the slots in the metal strip start stripping.

question 2.....the Swiftech MCR220 looks a lot better than a Bonneville heatercore and the heatercore has more area to cool the water so you will experience slighly lower temps with the heatercore.

question 3.....you dont need 2 heatercores a for a cpu only loop any 2 x 120mm rad/heatercore is plenty for a cpu only with a heafty OC. Only reason you would want 2 rad/heaterocores is cpu + 2 card sli/crossfire watercooled or a high power TEC on the cpu.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts