Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the 2 samsungs be anywhere near the SSD?? I was planning on putting my OS on the SSD I ordered but I'm beginning to think that a raid with 2 f3s might be good or almost as fast? or na?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanahan View Post
Will the 2 samsungs be anywhere near the SSD?? I was planning on putting my OS on the SSD I ordered but I'm beginning to think that a raid with 2 f3s might be good or almost as fast? or na?
i would say no the SSD will be noteably faster still

·
Registered
952 Posts
The SSD will be faster ,one of the reasons is that the latency just can't be compared , even if you reach the same speed. But f3's have more space , so you loose on that if you go for SSD.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was going through the same thing a week ago
I was planing on two F3's short stoke(150 Gigs)
but decided to go with the Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2M160G2R5
I was not sure I had made the right choice at the time
but it came and I love the drive,
If I did already own some good HDD drive I might not have made the big plunge yet
but at this point, why move backward and I can move forward
there was a $40.00 difference with 2 WD Rapture 300 Gigs drives vs intel SSD
Don't have to listen to my hard drive spinning "Price Less"

Rich Martin

·
how two spel
3,036 Posts
I also love my 160GB X25-M G2.

You know how when you format your computer and reinstall all of your basic programs.. and it is so fast and you just wish it would stay like that even loaded up? Well, that is how my SSD feels every day, no matter how much stuff I load it up with. Feels like an enitrely new machine, applications open instantly and random write speed is insane.

You won't get the same access time on the F3's but you can still pick up 2 of them and put them in RAID0 for storage.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
i keep saying it but the intel ssd are amazing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts