Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend I added a second Vertex 3 60gb because things were a little tight on just one. I am running them through the Intel Sata 6gb ports on my P8Z68 Deluxe. Do these results look right? I just want to make sure I am not leaving any performance on the table.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The stripe size defaulted to 128K and I did not change it. Would have I been better off running a different size?
'

·
Premium Member
15,255 Posts
Awsome read writes especially at the standard 4k mark and around it
thumb.gif

·
Old to Overclock.net
210 Posts
In my experience, and from what I hear, 64K yields the best benching performance.

But in everyday use, I don't think you'll be able to feel the difference, since you rely solely on the random read/write speeds when running the OS on the array.

You could always try it, if it isn't to much of a hassle - See if it makes a noticable difference.

/NwP

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWoodPecker View Post

In my experience, and from what I hear, 64K yields the best benching performance.
But in everyday use, I don't think you'll be able to feel the difference, since you rely solely on the random read/write speeds when running the OS on the array.
You could always try it, if it isn't to much of a hassle - See if it makes a noticable difference.
/NwP
Thanks. I may give that a try this weekend if I get bored. Any guess how much of a performance increase is to be expected?

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDust View Post

Thanks. I may give that a try this weekend if I get bored. Any guess how much of a performance increase is to be expected?
A very small percent. Like 5%. And even then IDK if there will not be a noticeable increase or decrease in benches or use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts