Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

Thinking about getting a Megahalem and 2x GT 1850's for it.

I had read some reviews stating that these are not PWM compatible.

Since this is a popular setup, how does everyone have these connected. I was thinking of getting a Y splitter and connecting them to the board. Will the bios control the RPM's, or will they have a constant speed. If so is this an issue?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmerwede;15229982
Hi All!

Thinking about getting a Megahalem and 2x GT 1850's for it.

I had read some reviews stating that these are not PWM compatible.

Since this is a popular setup, how does everyone have these connected. I was thinking of getting a Y splitter and connecting them to the board. Will the bios control the RPM's, or will they have a constant speed. If so is this an issue?

Thanks in advance!
BIOS control is fine. It will adjust as long as your BIOS has the options for it.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
i use mine with a y splitter connected to the cpu header. they will have constant speed though as there is no way to adjust them since they are not pwm.

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by firestorm1
View Post

i use mine with a y splitter connected to the cpu header. they will have constant speed though as there is no way to adjust them since they are not pwm.

I can adjust the speed of my 3 pin fans...

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
Quote:

View Post

how?

mobo header lol, it works fine for me, I just set it to silent mode in the bios...also there is an app for my mobo. YOu should have asus fan expert too.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
hmm. maybe its board specific. when i got my cooler and fans i tried to adjust the speed. it was no dice. they still run full speed. but ill give that app a try though.

·

13,038 Posts
Quote:

View Post

hmm. maybe its board specific. when i got my cooler and fans i tried to adjust the speed. it was no dice. they still run full speed. but ill give that app a try though.

It is board specific. I had one Asus board that did it, then I upgrade to another Asus board and it didn't work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts