Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing another build in a Raijintek Paean open bench case which will have likely end up with 3x 290x's and the CPU on air and was looking to add another 360 rad on top of my single EK PE360 in push. Being a bench its pretty limited for mounting options. Is rad stacking really that bad to do. I know the stats from xtremesystems said it wasn't a great idea http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?220874-More-Radiator-Sandwich-testing but that was 2009 and was wondering if another PE 360 (or something different) would provide enough cooling to stop the 290x's turning into a fireball (more so than usual).

I can rad stack on the front with another 360 in pull (so fan, rad rad, fan) to still keep the aesthetics or I can rig up some form of brackets at the back of the case and sling the rad on there but it will look uglier and restrict the orientations I can use the case in. All the fans will be Riing Premium TT's.

pics from the wip.

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As rad stacking doesn't look like the way to go I'm trying to use one of my 240 rads instead but in this config its going to feed exhaust air over the hard drives. Will this kill the HDD's or will it be ok.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts