Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I took this profile pic
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm spending $630 on an Asus Vivobook and there's an optional Squaretrade 2 year accidental damage warranty for $130.

I don't know if this is worth it or not. I would like to have some protection for it. Any advice?

Thanks.

·
Not New to OCN
1,745 Posts
If $130 is worth peace of mind to you or you/others around you are clumsy, then go ahead. Personally, I'm just careful with my belongings so I would go without it.

·
Laptop Gamer
978 Posts
If it covers EVERYTHING, then maybe. I got one on my laptop, but I travel about 70% of the time, and it's already more than paid for itself. If you repaste with LM, definitely go that route.

·
I took this profile pic
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it covers EVERYTHING, then maybe. I got one on my laptop, but I travel about 70% of the time, and it's already more than paid for itself. If you repaste with LM, definitely go that route.
I bought mine open box at Newegg for $649 down from $800 which I think was a great deal (although I had to reinstall W10 because the computer still had its former user as the admin which Newegg should have formatted over)

It came with a 1 year accidental damage from the previous owner which I don't know if it's still good. But it uses a metal top and an SSD and I'm pretty careful with my electronics so I don't think I should have a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts