Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20,000 RPM hds r out!!!! They are starting to put them in servers. how long till its on newegg?

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bartender Paradox

theyve been out for a while, SCSI drives, and they hit it while back.

Ya, SCSI have been around forever

One of my friends has one...

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ket

only so much can be done with drives, i think the pc is overdue a totally new storage method.

Yup, hopefully soon we can all switch over to large capacity flash drives.

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Yah soon enough... it'll take a while until they can get the costs down though. An 8GB integrated... well it would be memory, not drive... costs like $6k

·
Banned
387 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ket

or better still, light sensative storage methods

well soon get 20,000 rpm 1terrabyte HD and well all have 3d LCD screens 2!!!

·
Overclocking since 1998
931 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 6600Gt1047

20,000 RPM hds r out!!!! They are starting to put them in servers. how long till its on newegg?

I think you are mistaken. Can you provide a link to some mention of a 20,000 rpm hard drive in existance that is commercially available?

AFAIK, 15K RPM is still tops for servers.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by comrad

I would want a 15k hdd, it will speed up file transfers and everything, i think it will boost your speed.

maby if you have massive harddrive space and you hold files for a hospital that you need to get to , then yea that 15k would be nice

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
My Future View:

you watch, they'll have get rid of the disk idea and start to use banks of flash memory, probabaly start at 40Gb or soemthing, it probably would have superfast seek and write time aswell. these banks will be encased or your mobo will come with a little 3.5" case that you can fill with memory, it will be soemtihng like that. Then you can upgrade yuor storage little bits at a time, just buy a few more chips form you local computer shop and add a few more gig.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
A friend has an SCSI drive in his PC. He got it really cheap on Ebay, and says its great - although I haven't seen it in action

1 - 19 of 19 Posts