Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont have a 24 pin connector is there anything wrong with using just the 20 pin i hear u can if u have a quality ps. i found an adapter but its got to be shipped and i wanna use my bad boy tonight.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wrbsti
i dont have a 24 pin connector is there anything wrong with using just the 20 pin i hear u can if u have a quality ps. i found an adapter but its got to be shipped and i wanna use my bad boy tonight.
Are you using a PCI-E graphics card? if so, wait for the converter - if not, you should be fine to use just the 20 pins.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whew! thx guys one more question should i get the adapter anyway to make things neat or should i just go on without it. xms its for that dfi mobo and it has no pci-e so i am i definately safe in the long run.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
u dont need it because u dont have the card, but its always better to have the 24 pins all there because u never know, it might help power something else. ive heaqrd a couple stories of better performance/OC ability will all pins connected, so its ok for now but id still get the adapter

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thx alot guys im getting adapter normally shipped instead of overnight saturday shipped for 50 bucks!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts