Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Does anyone know where I can find a 200mm radiator in Canda, or that ships to Canada without tariff/custom fees? I am considering a 600T build, and I can't find a 200mm radiator for the front.

Or, if you know where I can find a 200mm to 120mm mount converter in Canada/Canadian Etailers, that'd be sweet too. I haven't had any luck.

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post

Aquatuning.us is your best choice. You pay taxes and brokerage at the time of purchase so you won't get any fees from UPS at your door. Shipping for them is also 3-4 days vs 7-10 days for purchases from FCPU or PPCS.
This is excellent. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
Just be vigilant. Aquatuning is not known for their proactive customer service. In stock on their website does not necessarily translate into in stock at the warehouse, and they do not tend to tell you if that is the case. I, and others, have also experienced situations where the estimate for the item to be back in stock is months away, yet they still do not inform you.

There are other options. Frozen CPU, for example.

Just make sure to choose USPS (United States Postal Service) as your shipping choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Proton View Post

Just be vigilant. Aquatuning is not known for their proactive customer service. In stock on their website does not necessarily translate into in stock at the warehouse, and they do not tend to tell you if that is the case. I, and others, have also experienced situations where the estimate for the item to be back in stock is months away, yet they still do not inform you.

There are other options. Frozen CPU, for example.
Do they adjust or inform of customs fees??
Quote:
Just make sure to choose USPS (United States Postal Service) as your shipping choice.
Why's that? I'm in Canada.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,760 Posts


What do you think of this?? It has a custom made plenum for using 2x120mm fans to cover the 200mm area. Been thinking about selling it. I have a 600T and have been debating on upgrading to a 400mm for the front.

EDIT: I can second on Aquatuning not being very friendly or easy to work with. PPCs on the other had I do a lot of business with, and have had them basically order parts from Aquatuning for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtobeking View Post



What do you think of this?? It has a custom made plenum for using 2x120mm fans to cover the 200mm area. Been thinking about selling it. I have a 600T and have been debating on upgrading to a 400mm for the front.

EDIT: I can second on Aquatuning not being very friendly or easy to work with. PPCs on the other had I do a lot of business with, and have had them basically order parts from Aquatuning for me.
I think i've decided to skip the 200mm and use a 240 instead.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
200MM Fits just fine in front..u have to dremel the drive bay a bit to fit that out,,its easy.. check out my gallery,,i got 600t aswell.and I am from Van BC. you can get registered here www.thelettercarrier.com if you live near the States border in BC. They are in Point Roberts. You get your stuff shipped there, pay standard US shipping and cross the border pick it up..I go there all the time.. less than 200$ customs don't even charge duty. and the lettercarrier charges around 3.50$..

btw I got Phobya Extreme 200MM RAD from performance-pcs.com http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_457_667_975&products_id=31028

but canadian store is there too http://www.dazmode.com/ bit expensive IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIroN View Post

Do they adjust or inform of customs fees??
Why's that? I'm in Canada.
OK, lets think a little. Frozen CPU is in the US. USPS is the United States Postal Service. Postal does not charge brokerage fees. If the item is over $50, Canada Customs will charge the GST (15%) and a handling fee, $5 I think.

Got it now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by gill22 View Post

200MM Fits just fine in front..u have to dremel the drive bay a bit to fit that out,,its easy.. check out my gallery,,i got 600t aswell.and I am from Van BC. you can get registered here www.thelettercarrier.com if you live near the States border in BC. They are in Point Roberts. You get your stuff shipped there, pay standard US shipping and cross the border pick it up..I go there all the time.. less than 200$ customs don't even charge duty. and the lettercarrier charges around 3.50$..

btw I got Phobya Extreme 200MM RAD from performance-pcs.com http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_457_667_975&products_id=31028

but canadian store is there too http://www.dazmode.com/ bit expensive IMO.
Yes, I use Dazmode all the time. Their selection of water cooling components is conservative though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Proton View Post

OK, lets think a little. Frozen CPU is in the US. USPS is the United States Postal Service. Postal does not charge brokerage fees. If the item is over $50, Canada Customs will charge the GST (15%) and a handling fee, $5 I think.

Got it now?
...because international postal charges relative to the American postal system is something all Canadians would know...

But thanks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIroN View Post

Yes, I use Dazmode all the time. Their selection of water cooling components is conservative though.
...because international postal charges relative to the American postal system is something all Canadians would know...

But thanks...
No no, you misunderstand me. "Got it now?" simply meant to ask if you understand my point, nothing else. Shipping costs from the US tend to be high, unless your order is quite large to make it worthwhile. this is where planning comes in instead of grabbing a piece at a time.

Dazmode is just too expensive, not good value.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Proton View Post

No no, you misunderstand me. "Got it now?" simply meant to ask if you understand my point, nothing else. Shipping costs from the US tend to be high, unless your order is quite large to make it worthwhile. this is where planning comes in instead of grabbing a piece at a time.

Dazmode is just too expensive, not good value.
Lol, sorry. It sounded like you were trying to be aggro.

Well, Dazmode doesn't seem overly expensive. And it seems like the shipping and customs from other Etailers evens out considering Dazmode is Canadian, and only 1 city over (Toronto vs Ottawa) I've always ordered from DM and it seems fine. Who has better deals than Daz..?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIroN View Post

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where I can find a 200mm radiator in Canda, or that ships to Canada without tariff/custom fees? I am considering a 600T build, and I can't find a 200mm radiator for the front.

Or, if you know where I can find a 200mm to 120mm mount converter in Canada/Canadian Etailers, that'd be sweet too. I haven't had any luck.

Thanks.
Try the Koolroom here in Australia
thumb.gif
http://www.thekoolroom.com/



http://www.thekoolroom.com/product/phobya-xtreme-200/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIroN View Post

LOL, shipping from Australia would not only take about 46 years, but it costs more than my monthly salary. I appreciate it though. I'm fairly certain I'm skipping a 200ml anyway and seeing what I can do with a 2x120
You can mount a 240 up top without any modding. Or you can put a 360 up there with a slight mod and be good to go. If you havent checked it out already, we have a 600T owners club here at OCN. Link is in my sig, some amazing builds and all the pictures can be seen from the first post through links
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfiwhiteguy View Post

DazMode is a little expensive but his service is absolutely outstanding in my experience. I say support domestic business.
I do when the mark up is reasonable. Not the case here. The bottom line is that we really don't have a good supplier of water cooling components in Canada. While Daz Made has a fairly good selection, the chances of finding everything you are looking for remain slim. Once you have to buy in more than one place, the shipping becomes ridiculous. Add this to his high mark up, and Performance PCs becomes my store of choice.
 

·
Case ***der
Joined
·
5,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Proton View Post

I do when the mark up is reasonable. Not the case here. The bottom line is that we really don't have a good supplier of water cooling components in Canada. While Daz Made has a fairly good selection, the chances of finding everything you are looking for remain slim. Once you have to buy in more than one place, the shipping becomes ridiculous. Add this to his high mark up, and Performance PCs becomes my store of choice.
Shipping from PPCS is way too much now especially if you want insurance. They use to be my first choice but now they are my last as shipping is generally over 2x what it is from Aquatuning.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top