Overclock.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
13,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Foldathon Schedule

So, the dates for all our 2-day Foldathons for 2013 are listed below, as well as the diseases we hope to cover.

Any questions or comments relating to this thread can be addressed to axipher.

Foldathons:

The following dates might be adjusted between now and then:

Additional Information:

The thread for each Foldathon will be posted about a week before the event. Signups, however, are open year-round. The link is available here: http://folding.axihub.ca/foldathon_signup.php

thumb.gif

·
Ever Forward.
6,528 Posts
Remember you need only signup once; if you've participated in a Foldathon before, check the list of participants for your name before signing up again; makes the Editor's lives so much easier not having to sort through duplicates.

·
13,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR-Imagery View Post

Remember you need only signup once; if you've participated in a Foldathon before, check the list of participants for your name before signing up again; makes the Editor's lives so much easier not having to sort through duplicates.
Luckily the new stats site's sign-up page only lets you sign up once anyway, I'm still working on tweaking the backend of it, but so far so good.

·
!
9,170 Posts
I think it would be best in terms of being able to recruit/raise awareness if we try and have at least the dates of the FaT planned out before we get to that month and then have the actual thread up about 2 weeks ahead of time or something.

·
13,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by juano View Post

I think it would be best in terms of being able to recruit/raise awareness if we try and have at least the dates of the FaT planned out before we get to that month and then have the actual thread up about 2 weeks ahead of time or something.
I'm already working on having all remaining Foldathon Threads for the year done so they can just be moved to the [email protected] section on the 1st of every month.

·
!
9,170 Posts
That is good, thanks. Do you think we can pick dates for February in the next couple days?

·
13,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

That is good, thanks. Do you think we can pick dates for February in the next couple days?
OP updated just for you.

·
!
9,170 Posts
Awww
wubsmiley.gif

Thanks.

·
13,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Awww
wubsmiley.gif

Thanks.
Site is now migrated over as well, Foldathon dates already in the script so it could essentially collect all stats for the rest of the year now without any human intervention. Just need to finish fixing the new Foldathon Stat pages that show the history.

I think I managed to properly import all previous referrers from the old spreadsheet.

·
!
9,170 Posts
Okay, that's good. I haven't seen any referrer things on your site before but I'll tell you the info I like from the spreadsheet and would want. I want to be able to see all new referrals and their points along with who referred them in real time (so that if you're in a close referral battle you can keep track of yours and others easily), and also be able to see past referrer/referrals from previous foldathons.

·
13,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Okay, that's good. I haven't seen any referrer things on your site before but I'll tell you the info I like from the spreadsheet and would want. I want to be able to see all new referrals and their points along with who referred them in real time (so that if you're in a close referral battle you can keep track of yours and others easily), and also be able to see past referrer/referrals from previous foldathons.
Hmm, the referrer battle isn't a bad idea. I know it's doable with the system, would just need to figure out the graphs and which data to pull.

·
!
9,170 Posts
That's not exactly what I was suggesting, I don't think it's a bad idea (I would probably take credit for it
tongue.gif
) but it's probably not worth your time at the moment considering how many other things are of higher priority and how many people currently refer in FaTs.

What I was trying to say was that we need to have something like the bottom of the old spreadsheet where it would show "this person has signed up and put this person as the referrer" so you can see "oh this person has 4 people signed up already". That would show up in real time as the person signed up so you could watch how a FaT that was still 3 weeks away was shaping up. Then once the new FaT folder got some points in a previous FaT so they were no longer new in terms of counting for referrals they were moved up to the main portion of the scores/ranks but still showed who referred them.

·
13,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

That's not exactly what I was suggesting, I don't think it's a bad idea (I would probably take credit for it
tongue.gif
) but it's probably not worth your time at the moment considering how many other things are of higher priority and how many people currently refer in FaTs.

What I was trying to say was that we need to have something like the bottom of the old spreadsheet where it would show "this person has signed up and put this person as the referrer" so you can see "oh this person has 4 people signed up already". That would show up in real time as the person signed up so you could watch how a FaT that was still 3 weeks away was shaping up. Then once the new FaT folder got some points in a previous FaT so they were no longer new in terms of counting for referrals they were moved up to the main portion of the scores/ranks but still showed who referred them.
Oh, okay, I see. So on a member's personal page, it would show who has signed up under them.

·
!
9,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by axipher View Post

Oh, okay, I see. So on a member's personal page, it would show who has signed up under them.
Mmm that would probably be okay, but from a UI perspective that sounds like a lot of clicking and searching compared to the old spreadsheet. You'd also have to already know who and what you were looking for, with the spreadsheet you just go to the one place at the bottom and see all the new signups which includes everything about the current and relevant referrals in chronological order.

·
13,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It wouldn't be hard to make a new page dedicated to referrals. It could be done like the other lists where you can choose which field to sort by. Putting the pages together code wise doesn't take me long, it's coming up with a layout that takes me time, I have barely any creative bones.

·
!
9,170 Posts
Quote:

It wouldn't be hard to make a new page dedicated to referrals. It could be done like the other lists where you can choose which field to sort by. Putting the pages together code wise doesn't take me long, it's coming up with a layout that takes me time, I have barely any creative bones.
Yea that sounds fine, and I honestly don't care how bares bones it is because the spreadsheet certainly wasn't pretty. I just want all the relevant referral info in one place.

·
13,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:

Quote:

Yea that sounds fine, and I honestly don't care how bares bones it is because the spreadsheet certainly wasn't pretty. I just want all the relevant referral info in one place.
So have a spreadsheet style list of Refferers and list who signed up under them and the total points they are gaining from those users.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.