Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's once again time for Overclock.net to push its way up the Team Rankings ladder in the easiest competition of the year. All that is required is that you bench. That is it! Bench your gear, be the bestO and post the score for Overclock.net at HWBOT.org. It couldn't be more simple.

Last year, Elite overclocker Dhenzjhen, took first place fighting off heavy hardware overclockers Mllrkllr88 and Moparman for the win. When the dust settled, the team had moved up a spot in the rankings and had gather more than 5000 Team Points.

This year, Overclock.net is only a handful of points behind 6th in the world and less than 5000 points behind 5th place. With a great push, Overclock.net can crack the Top 5 in the overall rankings.

WHEN: May 1, 2016 until Jun 30, 2016

pur_1467345599.png

WHO: Any member of Overclock.net's HWBOT Team

All that is required is you are a member of the Overclock.net HWBOT team and you have submitted a benchmark to HWBOT.org between June 30, 2015 and June 30, 2016.

Not part of the team but want to help out, win OCN cash, learn how to overclock from the best in the world, and earn the heart-felt congratulation of your peers?

Its easy to join the team.

1. Head over to HWBOT.org

2. Setup an account.

Enter the usual information but be sure that you select Overclock.net as your team, or your points will not be tallied for this competition.

That's it! That's all you need to start submitting scores to HWBOT.org and racking up points for the competition.

If you want to see a list of available benchmarks you can go HERE

You will find a list of benchmarks but pay special attention to the ones that give points, those are the ones you should concentrate on for this competition. You will also find download links and the rules on how to properly submit a score.

3. Get benching!

HOW: Just bench!

The scores of every member of the team were recorded on May 1, 2016. The scores will be recorded again at midnight on Jun 30, 2016 (or as close as possible) and the change will be your official score. The overclocker with the greatest amount of change will be declared the winner. Its that easy, a competition for doing what you would normally do anyway.

Wait!?! What are you measuring again?

The competition is all about your contribution to the team's Team Power Points (TPP)....

and your User Points (UP). Currently, the competition points don't count fully towards your UP.

Your TPP is added to 10% of your UP to get your total Team Contribution.

Each member's Team Contribution is added together to get the total for the entire team.

Okay...But how do I increase my Team Contribution?

The easiest way is to increase your Team Power Points (TPP). This score is calculated by adding together the Global Team Power Points (GTPP) and the Hardware Team Power Points (HTPP). Take this submission by benching juggernaut Dhenzjhen for 2 x GTX 980s.

In the red you will see the points awarded for GTPP. This submission is the very best score in 3Dmark Vantage using 2x GPUs at Overclock.net. For that reason it was awarded 61.9 GTPP. In the blue you can see it is also the best score using 2x GTX 980s at Overclock.net so therefore it was awarded 3.3 HTPP. The total of 65.2 TPP would be added to Dhenzjhen's Team Contribution.

The best tactic to increase your TPP would be to find benchmarks and hardware that haven't been submitted by other members of the team. Consider the Socket 1156 Core i3 540,

You can see that a number of benchmarks have scores by other team members but there are also some missing scores, most notably the HWBOT Prime benchmark. Any score in this category would provide you with new TPP and increase your standing in the competition. Easy!

This is genius! How did you think of it!

Well, actually this competition was done before. Reading through the old thread may help you understand how it will work this time around.

2015 HWBOT Team Contribution Challenge

2012 HWBOT Team Contribution Challenge

PRIZES

1ST - $100

2nd - $60
3rd - $40

4th - $30

MASTER OF IRONS AWARD - $20

The prizes are distributed in the normal way from first to fourth for the greatest amount of points contributing to the team. The final prize, named for the overclocker who first conceived of it, is given to the overclocker that managed to multiply their score by the greatest amount. You cannot win the Master of Irons Award if you have won one of the other prizes in the competition.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YSjjRIHOdBPDK9ChzGzF9nx9hbADBAKwSPgh-EzsSEU/pubhtml?gid=0&output=html&widget=true

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JVTYsvkwKOmhcN3_6eAFM4FLXzeS24gLH0m-Rc_2VXI/pubhtml?gid=0&output=html&widget=true

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FZfN5TZ1DMcZInpfFAUSR8J0vhjZ7zLaNSUonMAkreM/pubhtml?gid=0&output=html&widget=true

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,530 Posts
Whooooo, these are totally fun!

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is live guys, so start posting your scores to HWBOT, updates will likely be every morning

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Well heres something im pretty good at haha. Guess ill be over on hwbot the rest of the day.

edit:
just noticed the score system is based off team power points........something i dont currently have any of. haha, guess i need to buy some diffferent hardware since 980ti, 5960x and 6700k are all pretty much saturated with massive scores.

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scores were originally ripped near on midnight EST, update was ripped at 10:57am. GtiJason coming out swinging!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Not that im upset, but how did i get #1 in master of irons haha, i might have missed in the first post whats being calculated for that.

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That award is heavily skewed to new members at HWBOT. Basically, the winner will be the guy that increases their total score by highest percent. For instance if you see DJ's points have gone up 400 but his percentage increase is only 3%. You have an advantage by having only a few Team Points, any increases will provide a large percentage increase. The only trick will be finding Team Points to gather. Good luck!

·
Overclocking is my game.
1,924 Posts
Guess it's time to start benching my 20 775/771 chips like there's no tomorrow.
tongue.gif

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxinite View Post

I'm going to be benching my 775 CPUs as I bin my way through them.
biggrin.gif

7 different CPUs that need benching and 30 more on the way.
rolleyes.gif
I still have 50 in my own personal backlog, and a bunch were bought last year o_O

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,530 Posts
Silly question, but is it only going to show the top 20,or have only twenty people so far gained points?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
hopefully ill have a lot of benching to do this weekend
biggrin.gif
im going to have so much "new" old hardware by the end of this competition.

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Only showing the Top 20. With more than a 1000 members its to keep it manageable..... You started at 443.53 pts if that is what you are wondering, so you are like me, running negative right now.
:thumb:

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasparthe View Post

Only showing the Top 20. With more than a 1000 members its to keep it manageable..... You started at 443.53 pts if that is what you are wondering, so you are like me, running negative right now.
thumb.gif
Well, here's hoping we get some decent temperatures over here because higher than 30C ambients sure make it difficult to push Wolfblades and whatnot. Either way, darn, negative points... I'll have to figure out a way to fix this ^_^;;;

·
OC...D
27,888 Posts
Hey - did OCN move up to #5 already?

1 - 20 of 190 Posts