Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the past week I have noticed that wial im playing battlefield 2142, the game will freez. Some times it comes out of it and others I need to hard boot the computer. It sems to happen more when Im in a vehicle for some reason. I had my 7900GS overclocked slightly but ive since declocked it though its still at 1.35v It was running great for a wail and all of the sudden. Ive since switched mother boards, switched ram, reinstaled windows i dont know what else to do. perhaps reflash the bios on the video card? what could it be?

·
Premium Member
9,525 Posts
Try different drivers. BF2142 is very touchy with drivers. I tried a bunch - one froze when returning from alt+tabs. Another locked the game up, but allowed the music to continue playing. A third caused random crashes to desktop. A forth disabled all Anti-aliasing and had massive texture corruption.

No hard-locks, but lots of game freezing action.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does anyone know of any drivers that work with it? what about the bios? should I change that back to factory?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
i would just get the latest drivers. i know my mate has them and he has no problems

1 - 5 of 5 Posts