Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OHHHH...im so excited....cant wait. Just got home from buying the server, gotta install ram and a hd and see what happens.....pics comming soon

·
Super Moderator
10,389 Posts
I am just guessing here, but I am going to say 2x900mhz CPUs.

Just about any server is worth $22, can't wait to see it!!!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2 3.2ghz intel xeon cpu's....but on the bad side, motherboad is getting power but power button is not powering on, no fan spin but lights are on on the mb

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and i cannot find a manual for this motherboard anywhere lol
so have no clue what jumpers to jump to try powering it on away from the power button

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i had knew it could happen like this. but its strange, kinda like its not getting power, but it has power and even mb is flashing that it is ok when i test it...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol the front panel is suppost to have a power light and a system faul light but neither are lighting up too....more research

·
Science
3,485 Posts
Have you tried cmos? Or one stick of Ram at each time?

Those would cause it not to come on

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, just a thought and mabye a real dumb one, im trying to turn it on without anything plugged in, ie monitor keyboard, mouse and in the manual it says something about throwing a non-keyboard shutoff or something.........

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nah, im not screwed i will find somethiing to do with it...:)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, i have tried jumping ever power connector i can and will not boot up, when i plug in power cord to psu the MB does a little test and has flashing led's 1 suppost to flash blue, it does and 1 that is suppost to flash wither blue-gree-yellow and flashes green signaling no major system problem. i have a 24 pin connector and 8 pin power connector plugged in, i dont have an extra psu with those on it to test....ohh wait i do lol, my new corsair has those connections so i can see if it is the psu....

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
this thing looks brand new, no dust at all on the cpu cooler, its shiny like it has never been turned on lol

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea 2 3.2 xeons is a killer for $22 and found a replacement motherboard for only $17 lol

1 - 20 of 53 Posts