Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pickup up a Megahelam at Microcenter on clearance table for $22. I know it was a return but had all the hardware and not a mark on it, so said WTH can't be any worse than my Titan Fenrir. After I installed it and ran OCCT and Intel Burn Test my temps dropped 10 degrees celcius with one S-Flex 1900 rpm fan (can't do push pull on my mobo because the NB heatsink is in the way
). Why did I not buy this sooner..

·
Registered
4,504 Posts
Megahalem not Megatron in title and nice find

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
great buy! you just got a ~70 cooler for $22 I am envious! And yeah the Mega is a beast I think it still holds the crown for air cooling.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does have that Transformers logo on it... LOL.. Hence Megatron.. Guess not that funny though.. In all seriousness, it's time to overclock without hitting 85+ degrees with that crappy Fenrir out of the picture.

·
Retired Reviewer
10,092 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigpoppaFrary
View Post

The NH-14 was king i thought.

Actually, the Silver Arrow is the new king, by a fraction of a degree, but with (a) good fan(s) the Megatron comes within a degree or two.

If you have a Micro Center they are on clearance for $28.13. But this is the first model - 775 and 1366 only. If you want to put it on 1156 you need this (free shipping).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts