Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m currently considering adding a dedicated loop for a i7-860 for a cool/quiet option to my current air setup. I’m hoping to use a 240mm rad with a pair of Panaflo M1-BX (on a fan controller) mounted off the rear exhaust port.

Unfortunately I haven’t seen too much info on 240mm rads cooling a i7 proc, so I’m wondering if anyone has any info to draw from. Would the XSPC RX240 be capable enough to dissipating the heat (possibly using quieter fans)? The other option would be the Black Ice GTX Xtreme with fans running around 1600-1900rpm.

I’m hoping to keep temps in the low 60’s under load @ 3.9-4.0 ghz @ 1.38-1.40v with HT enabled. With my current setup TRUE Rev C. Sanyo Denki @ 2100rpm, temps start creeping up into the mid 70’s, and the fan noise is getting a bit much for 24 hour use.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You will be able to cool it great with a 240mm, and and the RX240 is a great radiator for using low noise, low rpm fans. With a 240mm, you will probably see <50 degree temps with decent fans, and depending on your ambients probably even lower.

·
Banned
9,264 Posts
those sanyo's... keep em, and get a controller for them. add a 240 GTX rad, which does best with those fans. run em around ~1600 RPM for a great noise/performance ratio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts