Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have $250 to spend on xmas...oh what sould I buy? I NEED a gfx card. I was thinking something along the lines of a 7600GT and a mid-high range DFI board. Any more thoughts?

·
Banned
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
while the tower IS nice, my cnps9500 is more than enough until I go water. plus I also need a new mobo for a gfx card. What I am asking is, what mobo and gfx card should I buy for $250 (total cost for both!) I can go $20 over MAX but try and keep it as close to $250 as you can

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Snerp has a SLI-DR with a killer chipset fan upgrade in the forsale section for $120. Take the rest and get the best card you can, but we can revisit that when you decide what MB and how much you have left to work with

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
why go from a 6800xt to a 7600gt, that's not THAT much of an upgrade... Hold off on the vcard till ur willing to spend a little more on it.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JBD1986
View Post

why go from a 6800xt to a 7600gt, that's not THAT much of an upgrade... Hold off on the vcard till ur willing to spend a little more on it.

He's on an AGP MB and upping to a PCIe.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
start on your watercooling...that'll last you 5-8 years while new computer componets will last you what....2-3 years if you can wait that long to build a new one?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts