Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is a graphic artist and is needing a new rig, he told me has around $3000 to spend if needed to get a great machine. He works mainly with Maya, autodesk 3d max and photoshop. I told him I would post here because I am not sure what would be best for him, I figure a sandy bridge-e, with 16gbs of ram would be the bare minium but not sure.

he needs
cpu
motherboard
ram
power supply ( I think he only has a antec 600ish watt on his current rig)
video card(s)
ssd(s) or hard drive(s) I am not sure what he wants to do but he just wants maya to be blazing fast so I figure raid 0 can't hurt.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S121 View Post

My friend is a graphic artist and is needing a new rig, he told me has around $3000 to spend if needed to get a great machine. He works mainly with Maya, autodesk 3d max and photoshop. I told him I would post here because I am not sure what would be best for him, I figure a sandy bridge-e, with 16gbs of ram would be the bare minium but not sure.

he needs
cpu
motherboard
ram
power supply ( I think he only has a antec 600ish watt on his current rig)
video card(s)
ssd(s) or hard drive(s) I am not sure what he wants to do but he just wants maya to be blazing fast so I figure raid 0 can't hurt.
Box O' Parts or Turnkey solution? I'd definitely bite on the SSD, and go with a couple 10k RPM 1TB drives in RAID 0

·
Registered
253 Posts
For general work in Maya I think you're better off with AMD Firepro than Nvidia Quadro. I would suggest getting a W7000. I'm buying one myself in a few months for work in Maya. I'm not sure which card is best for Max though, I don't use that. Maya benchmark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts