Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I oc my new CPU 2500+ Barton Normal @ 3200+ 1.7 Volt with a DDR333 CHEAP memory, the ABIT EQ said cpu max is 35degre celcius!! my system temp is 17 and the ambient temp are 19. Is that true that temperature in BIOS?

I have Thermalright SLK947U and Tornado 5000 119CFM fan!
Also, the system are very stable at this speed!! only 1.7VCC.!! Tested with super PI 4 MB

·
Registered
645 Posts
good job, my ambient temp is like 30C or something and my CPU runs at like 45C, but im almost positive my temps are off

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtoMicMoNkEy15

good job, my ambient temp is like 30C or something and my CPU runs at like 45C, but im almost positive my temps are off

Yeah, shuttle's ambient has to be wrong... I'm currently @ 34 case and 38C cpu temps...

I have 4 80mm intakes, 2 80mm exhausts, and 1 90mm top exhaust...

It's not possible for my case to be that hot.

·
Registered
245 Posts
i get the same kind of numbers for my case. Leads me to believe maybe the shuttle reports a little high. my cae gets up to 36 at times. This info comes from mbm5, which actually just gets bios numbers inside windows. Might be worth installing a temp probe and find out. Will have to look in to that one. I am not sure you can get your case temp to 19C though. Unless it is freezing where you are. Anything with power run through it is going to get warmer than that. Plus ambient temps in the room you are in plays in to account as well. You are not going to get cooler temps than the room where your computer is unless you use thermoelectric cooling or liquid nitrogen.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
He is in canada so it temps are probably dropping up there...

Damn florida's humidity.... No love for the overclockers...

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

He is in canada so it temps are probably dropping up there...

Damn florida's humidity.... No love for the overclockers...

YEah LOL!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts