Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea where to start. I have an AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton on an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe mobo running at stock speed (1.8g). i'm sure some one has already post a good way to do this, but if i could get some help or is someone could just post a link to a previous topic w/ the same details would be greatly appriciated.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

On the homepage, there is a set of guides to the right of the forum selection. Look for the AMD Overclocking guide, browse it, or study it, whatever the case: familiarize yourself with it.

With your board and processor, you can easily turn that processor into a "3200" by turning up some voltages, then applying more FSB.

Before you go and do that in your BIOS, what kind of ram is it? (PC2700, PC3200...etc)

And what kind of cooling do you have? Stock AMD heatsink/fan?

If you answered PC2700 and Stock cooling, you have some upgrades to do.

If you answered PC3200 and stock cooling, you may have some overclocking room.

If you answered PC3200 and a good aftermarket cooling, then you will be able to quickly adjust the settings to make your computer THAT much faster.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421

Welcome to the Forum!

On the homepage, there is a set of guides to the right of the forum selection. Look for the AMD Overclocking guide, browse it, or study it, whatever the case: familiarize yourself with it.

With your board and processor, you can easily turn that processor into a "3200" by turning up some voltages, then applying more FSB.

Before you go and do that in your BIOS, what kind of ram is it? (PC2700, PC3200...etc)

And what kind of cooling do you have? Stock AMD heatsink/fan?

If you answered PC2700 and Stock cooling, you have some upgrades to do.

If you answered PC3200 and stock cooling, you may have some overclocking room.

If you answered PC3200 and a good aftermarket cooling, then you will be able to quickly adjust the settings to make your computer THAT much faster.

Damn That was a great reply!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have Corsair DDR512 PC2700 w/ a Upgraded Copper HS authorized up to a 3200+. i am about to upgrade my memory to ddr 512 PC4000 pro

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid

i have Corsair DDR512 PC2700 w/ a Upgraded Copper HS authorized up to a 3200+. i am about to upgrade my memory to ddr 512 PC4000 pro

Thats great.

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Quote:

I have no idea where to start. I have an AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton on an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe mobo running at stock speed (1.8g). i'm sure some one has already post a good way to do this, but if i could get some help or is someone could just post a link to a previous topic w/ the same details would be greatly appriciated.

if possible, in bios set your fsb to 200 and change your MULTIPLIER to 11, even tho your RAM is max at 166, the processor should run at 2.2ghz, which is the equivalent to a XP 3200+

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quote:

Im quite neu at this but i seem to get it right!

i have my fsb at 220 and multiplyer at 11.(2424 MHz) core voltage at 1.85 V. butt i have to run my ram at rated speed 165 MHz.(pc 2700).Thats about as far as it goes but try in smal steps at the FSB and find out how far to go whithout getting unstable!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts