Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning to do my first build with these components somewhere august.
I'm bit scared on doing but every one says just do it

Case;Coolermaster Haf x
Mobo; P8P67 Pro
RAM; Corsair XMS3 8gb 1600mhz
CPU; 2500k (planning to oc)
CPU Cooler; NH D14
GPU; EVGA GTX 570 SC
PSU; HX 750
HDD; Seagate barracuda 7200 rpm 1 tb
DVD; LG super Multi dvd rw sata

I'm i good to go in august with this build, any suggestions for my build.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
385 Posts
Go with a Samsung F3 1TB for storage; fast and reliable. And why not chuck in an SSD for your OS/programs? Will make stuff load a lot faster.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonraver;14245308
Go with a Samsung F3 1TB for storage; fast and reliable. And why not chuck in an SSD for your OS/programs? Will make stuff load a lot faster.
This^

Also, on the topic of overclocking your 2500k, I've got friends who have reached 4-4.3GHz @ 1.152v on stock cooling. I hope that shows how easy it is
thumb.gif

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
your PSU is way too much juice unless you plan on adding another GPU in the near future.

Also, HAF x on sale on their website for 130 dollars (70 off) if you buy it soon. go check the OCN online deals section for info. there'a 20% off code on that page too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still planning to go SLI in the near future. I can't purchase on vacation , i come back in august XD.

Taking the advice on the spinpoint F3 cost me less then the seagate.

Will wait on SSD, can't afford buying this now will do in the future and nvr look back.

SSD is yet the prove it self on the market as replacement for HDD, it will just giving it some time the prices will go down eventually.

Also taking EVGA GTX 580 as i can afford it and still stay in budget.

With that in mind (GTX 580), Do i still need higher psu if i would go sli gtx 580

·
Registered
125 Posts
You may need a stronger PSU for taking 580s in SLI, yes. Especially if overclocking.

But, you could probably get away with the 750W PSU with two 580s. With that cooler, you'll have PLENTY of room for overclocking. That's regarded as one of the best CPU coolers.

Good luck
smile.gif

·
Registered
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by themedesign;14248859

Also taking EVGA GTX 580 as i can afford it and still stay in budget.

With that in mind (GTX 580), Do i still need higher psu if i would go sli gtx 580
I'd say yes for the sake of headroom. The Corsair AX850 or HX850 will do. Silverstone ST85F-P 850W or Strider 850W gets an honorable mention as well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i can get the gtx 580 for 409 euro's that is, dont know how much it is in dollars.

Will be getting the 850w HX corsair just for the headroom and further uprgrading trough out the year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts